Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your dad is a doctor and you think you're middle class to upper middle class :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I also look forward to us wrestling fans annoying the rest of you by calling Johnny Superstar by every one of his dozen names and hundreds of made up ones.

:hellyeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat that slide puzzle was easy as poo poo lol

e: maybe not they just had slide puzzle jesus

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This confession is incredible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh right I didn't declare my pony/poison

Well my pony is the man who resides in the Palace of Wisdom, John Morrison, obviously.

Dunno about poison yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man they are getting annihilated by rain so far

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How do you not just straight pull him from the game seeing that

I suppose they will since it ends at 830. Guess this is why they did a 90 minute premier instead of the full 2 hours.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Watching his rightleft arm shake is terrifying

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I needed that last slide more than I thought :unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

"in my sport technique beats everything"

I laughed really hard at this because jesus christ girl you got out-techniqued HARD during that challenge good lord.

Also the strength disparity really showed during the puzzle segment again. Goliaths weren't as worn down as the Davids and were able to balance the puzzle much better. That was a pretty nasty (but cool) challenge otherwise, I think.

I feel like whoever designed the first couple immunity challenges was trying to go for "ok we'll be tricky by weighting a the end of the challenge toward each team's supposed strengths!" by having it be a puzzle that also requires strength, but their huge failing is not realizing that not all Goliaths are going to be dumb jocks so the disparity in strength/endurance is wildly greater than the disparity in smarts. At this point I'll be shocked if they lose a challenge before a swap without some sort of disadvantage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Jess/Carl/Davie/Bi had no right to be that shocked. It looked like they were all blindly assuming that nobody was playing the game yet and Lyrsa was gonna just go out without a fight.

Might have just been the editing but Bi not noticing how much her vague reassurances were spooking Gabby was pretty poor play as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You don't have close allies when you haven't been to a tribal imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Previously on...

SURVIVOR

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shneak posted:

Did I miss anything in the first 5 minutes?

Nick gloating with Christian and Carl being sad about Jess

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Christian overthinking the logistics of Slamtown is peak...him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like Jeremy is digging his hole deeper

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheCenturion posted:

:wiggle: I want YOU to come join Slam Town.
:reject: You're asking me to emigrate to Slam Town? Become a Slamtonian? I don't know, what's in it for me? I mean, you're the mayor of Slam Town, what do I get?
:wiggle: Deputy Mayor?
:reject: I don't know, that seems like a very ceremonial position. I don't want to be out, you know, cutting ribbons at the new Slamming Salon while you're out forming policy. How about Comptroller?
:wiggle: Comptroller?
:reject: Yes, Comptroller of Slam Town.

And thus was born the beginning of a new alliance, an alliance to surpass Mason-Dixon; the City Council of Slam Town. With their unique mix of brains, brawn, civic duty and bureaucratic savvy, the City Council of Slam Town proceeded to dominate the rest of the game.

I'm 100% down for this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

Doesn't Jeremy have a friend who can tell him to stop

It probably goes about as well as when he tried to tell the same to Natalie

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yikes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

Missed the first few minutes, did Bi's leg fall off?

sprained her MCL which if she doesn't rest/rehab properly will basically end her career

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OK an idol nullifier is an awesome idea

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well I posted this in the wrong thread first, but might as well paste it over...

Odd start... they clearly had a challenge setup, but then also were preparing for the quit with the swap.

Bi probably told them before they left camp but by then the challenge had been built so they just accelerated the game by a week since the swap only takes buffs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spergatory posted:

WOW, Gabby was 100% the hero of that challenge. She was directing everyone about as perfectly as you can; calm, clear, and concise. She never once lost her cool through the whole thing. I am legit impressed.

had the exact same thought, gabby absolutely owned that challenge

though it probably helped having John and Dan as the wheel pushers as well, they might be the two most athletic guys out there right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shneak posted:

Angelina also killed it. She was remarkably chill for being so far behind and with Natalie

:hai:

Honestly Kara wasn't bad either she just wasn't good enough

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

Is this the first time Alec has spoken? He's the least memorable of the Goliath dudes.

I'd assume that has something to do with

Spergatory posted:

Come on, Davey! Play your idol and send Alec home, thus explaining his tiny pathetic edit and general bitterness and willingness to break his NDA.

this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hahahahahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was an incredibly stupid play but it was great for TV

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Number19 posted:

I honestly think Christian is the most interesting player we’ve seen in a long time. He’s quirky and odd, but doesn’t let it hurt his social game. Instead it endears him to people. He bonds with people easily and is genuine about it. Seeing the contrast of him forming new relationships with the Goliaths and then consoling Gabby in a truly caring manner was refreshing.

He really seems like a legit “good person.”

:yeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

Has a wealthy person won Survivor? Has a super famous/rich person made it to the finals before?

I'm not being rhetorical. I'm not sure.

Boston Rob immediately comes to my mind

e: I guess Sandra but I'm not sure if an all-star season with multiple winners in the cast really counts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

holey moley that is some gat dang weather

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jeeeeesus those camps

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gabby's "thank you" was full of "You just saved my life" :3:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LMAO "Please give me your jackeeetttttt"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I can see that happening.

Glad to be wrong about Natalie's stealth skills! :byewhore:

The idol from that camp is in Davey's pocket so there was nothing there for her to palm

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

This season loving rules

:yeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

We already know from edit alone that John wanted to work with her for pretty much the exact reason she said so I'm inclined to believe her.

As soon as she ended up with Mike on her shuffled tribe I knew she was in trouble.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I'm really tempted to seek out Angelina's social media presence just to see how she defends that.

"No, see, I'm just one of those people who gets cold" or "it was all a mind game..."?

Scroll up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Previously on...

SURVIVOR

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao they showed the fake vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Saveron_01 posted:

Yea, kinda lackluster incentive.

I dunno that's an awful lot of nutrients that they probably haven't really been getting