Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I personally like that the stand arrows came from space because it explains why the arrow bounced off the alien dude in Part 4. Space arrow don't work so good on space boy.

Also there are tons of natural stand users. Polnareff, Kakyoin, Avdol and Iggy all developed them on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's kinda funny how they subtitled them as 'green tea and sanctuary' which makes it sound like it's supposed to be relaxing when even anime-only people already know that goddamn green day just out here carpetbombing a town with altitude mold

I wasn't sure how to feel about Green Day->Green Tea, but when you put it like that I like it now.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Grapplejack posted:

I was shocked that this week's episode was over so quickly, I was really into it. Now I have to wait until next week to see world's worst person get murdered.

Next week is Green Tea and Sanctuary Part 1

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

fractalairduct posted:

yeah, people should keep in mind that we only have 10 episodes left of part 5. there's only so much real estate to put stuff before the obligatory ending sequence that'll take up like 3-4 eps at a minimum no matter the part.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nephthys posted:

I personally like that the stand arrows came from space because it explains why the arrow bounced off the alien dude in Part 4. Space arrow don't work so good on space boy.

im not sure that's how space works

e: though of course i've forgotten the standard answer to all "can x do x and why" jojo questions

1) yes
2) because shut up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nephthys posted:

It didn't work because he was already a human with a Stand :smug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nephthys posted:

This makes anti-sense

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

It didn't work because he was already a human with a Stand :smug:

The arrow pierced Giorno just fine though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RatHat posted:

Giorno is half/quarter vampire.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

It did? I don't recall Giorno being stabbed with the arrow.

fractalairduct posted:

Aw gently caress, Battle in Egypt all over again.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kikas posted:

It did? I don't recall Giorno being stabbed with the arrow.

Aw gently caress, Battle in Egypt all over again.

It cuts Gold Experience’s hand when he’s fighting Black Sabbath.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Maybe this is why Gold Experience has so many bullshit powers?

After all Kira gained Bites the Dust after being hit by the arrow a second time.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Yinlock posted:

im not sure that's how space works

e: though of course i've forgotten the standard answer to all "can x do x and why" jojo questions

1) yes
2) because shut up

Arist posted:

This makes anti-sense

It's a space virus. Living in space means he must have built an immunity to space viruses. It makes 101% sense. objectively.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RaspberryCommie posted:

Maybe this is why Gold Experience has so many bullshit powers?

After all Kira gained Bites the Dust after being hit by the arrow a second time.

did he gain sheer heart attack from a second stab or is that fanon?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sheer Heart Attack is part of the Killer Queen as stock.

Don't worry about how people can only have one stand and how Sheer Heart Attack is absolutely 100% a different stand.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nephthys posted:

Wouldn't it just be a regular arrow for him, then?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i dunno why people are acting like the arrow's existence means no-one can get a stand naturally

what about tonio? he got his stand because he was so drat good at cooking!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Actually I think that was retconned and he got stabbed by an arrow in Italy at some point.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sheer Heart Attack is part of the Killer Queen as stock.

Don't worry about how people can only have one stand and how Sheer Heart Attack is absolutely 100% a different stand.

I mean, Diavolo gets King Crimson and Epitaph. Sub-stands are a thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Star Finger count as a sub stand?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

Actually I think that was retconned and he got stabbed by an arrow in Italy at some point.

Uh, where? I’m pretty sure that’s not true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, Diavolo gets King Crimson and Epitaph. Sub-stands are a thing.

It's not quite as egregious as SHA and it doesn't mean anything bad at all, if it works it works and both KQ and KC are GOOD as HECK

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There has never been anything as fickle as the Stand lottery

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

Does Star Finger count as a sub stand?

No, Star Finger is an attack from the time where Stands weren't quite defined yet so calling attacks shonen-style still happened. Sub-Stands get stats of their own.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
In the comic, you just see a the standard black silhouette of The Boss/Diavolo hacking up Sorbet and Gelato. The anime changed it to have Cioccolata’s hair, and to also have Secco crouched in the corner filming.

It makes more sense this way. If Diavolo killed them he’d probably just punch holes into their torsos and disappear the bodies, all efficient like. If you want to make it as horrific as possible to send a message, send your most sadistic underling and his weird voyeur gimp.

(Also let me just say, you anime only people shouldn’t look it up for fear of spoiler images, but I have been dreading this episode unleashing a wave of Cioccolata-loving fujoshis on tumblr etc., and my fears have come true)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Of all characters to fall in love with, why the deranged serial killer?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

That happens a lot for some reason.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

as you'll notice from judicious use of questionable dialogue, that apparently did not count as being stabbed

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

While I was watching Jojo last night with a couple of friends, one of them discovered a plot hole by the end of "Beneath a Sky on the Verge of Falling" - Bruno bit into his lower lip and began bleeding. But that doesn't make sense, since when he was pierced by that nail way back when after he was revived by Golden Wind, he wasn't bleeding there.

What's the deal with you, Bruno? Unless that's something that occurred in the original manga, as well.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Also, Cioccolata is a psychopathic murderer with crazy green hair and makeup. So he’s basically The Joker.

Fittingly, the key to surviving his stand is to RISE UP.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

LightningKimba posted:

While I was watching Jojo last night with a couple of friends, one of them discovered a plot hole by the end of "Beneath a Sky on the Verge of Falling" - Bruno bit into his lower lip and began bleeding. But that doesn't make sense, since when he was pierced by that nail way back when after he was revived by Golden Wind, he wasn't bleeding there.

What's the deal with you, Bruno? Unless that's something that occurred in the original manga, as well.

It is in the manga. You could go with something about how he still has blood in him, Giorno says as much, but really it's irrelevant. Hazamada was once as tall as Josuke, then he got beaten and shrunk down to Koichi size. No one actually has a completely set color scheme. Everything will be warped to match the tone and mood, and in that scene Bruno biting himself until he bleeds better emphasizes his emotional state than him gnawing on beef jerky lips.

It's not a plot hole, it's just a visual flourish.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 12, 2019

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

TGLT posted:

That's fair, that's fair! It was just something that never really stuck out to me until my friend said it, and my mind went, "Waiiit a tick."

Also clearly when you lose your menacing, antagonistic aura, the evil being expelled out your body makes you shorter. :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bruno bit down hard enough to where it forced the blood out compared to just a little bit of a puncture

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

That wasn’t blood that was Bruno’s emergency tomato sauce he keeps in his cheeks. When he bit through his lip it started dribbling out

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Every Italian keeps some emergency marinara, let me explain in a splash page.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

In the comic, you just see a the standard black silhouette of The Boss/Diavolo hacking up Sorbet and Gelato. The anime changed it to have Cioccolata’s hair, and to also have Secco crouched in the corner filming.

I don't think you even see a silhouette.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah you just see Gelato committing suicide via swallowing his gag.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

LightningKimba posted:

I just figured there's still a little bit of blood sloshing around his body, even after most of it spilled out after he got Krispy Kreme'd. On one hand, it seems like he no longer needs blood to function, and on the other hand, there's no necessity for what little he still has to just up and disappear.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Crusader posted:

what was tony soprano's stand

Accordion Man posted:

Fade to Black.

Close, but giving the New Jersey gang-star any music reference that isn't Springsteen is a federal crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9PHwClSfE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TGLT posted:

It is in the manga. You could go with something about how he still has blood in him, Giorno says as much, but really it's irrelevant. Hazamada was once as tall as Josuke, then he got beaten and shrunk down to Koichi size. No one actually has a completely set color scheme. Everything will be warped to match the tone and mood, and in that scene Bruno biting himself until he bleeds better emphasizes his emotional state than him gnawing on beef jerky lips.

Hazamada's stand kicks in when someone is feeling guilt, so maybe it has some secondary ability where his own stature is based on his pride? That was how I explained it to myself, anyhow.