Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Heavens Door instantly teaching Koichi to speak Italian, that Stand is so loving nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
sliding this under the door before moratorium

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 15, 2018

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was hoping for super funky OP but whatever it's Jojo :yayclod:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man Giorno can be a cold motherfucker when he wants to be. I can totally see this guy taking over the mafia.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Getting real tired of Big Banana pushing agitprop in my animes

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Who among us has not mistakenly shoved their entire hand into their mouth instead of the bushel of carrots lying nearby

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

How do you even begin to explain this clip to someone who hasnt watched any Jojo

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
That dude scaling the mountain by attaching handholds in mid-air was cool as hell. Gimme that weird rear end JoJo stand poo poo

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
No, I know what you mean. I burst out laughing when Santana shlorped into the vents and the Nazis started freaking out. How the gently caress was anyone in there supposed to see that coming?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mel Mudkiper posted:

broke: Mista traveled back in time and had sex pistols redirect the bullets
woke: Sale traveled back in time and had Kraftwerk stop the bullets

bespoke: the rapist goon had a Stand that redirects bullets away from his target but he didn't have time to master it

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I can't take these names like Formaggio. They're gonna take a plane to America and battle some dude named Philadelphia Cheesesteak and I'm gonna die

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I fully expected cheese guy's Stand to just be fitting things in bottles and he shlorped into one of the sodas in the grocery bag

and I was riveted

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Getting eaten by a spider is horrific but when it started shooting webs like anime spiderman I was kinda taken out of the moment. Was this intentional?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gold Experience usually creates fully formed animals/plants/whatever so I can't help but wonder if bricksnake was left half-brick to show the audience that life created by GE takes on some properties of its original form.

Snake immunity makes a lot more sense that way: since Purple Haze virus kills everything, the only life that can exist in proximity must have some kind of immunity, and Gold Experience always creates life.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Dio must have, at some point, touched Jonathan's dick. And he clearly loves his body, too.

drat you're right. DIO was obsessed with mastering that body, he probably focused super hard on getting Jonathan's hog to work just right.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kurtofan posted:

Pee is stored in the teeth

:hmmyes: :biotruths:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Mista shooting a bullet into himself to inject Sex Pistols is so fuckin raw

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Prosciutto is one of the best villains in Jojo. Don't even fight me on this.

hell yeah, most villains are like "okay this hero's incapacitated/mildly inconvenienced let's leave him alone and keep going" thats extremely not how Prosciutto rolls

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Imagine a JoJo villain rolling up in this

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Mista hasn't been shown even ONCE taking Sex Pistols to the vet. I will NOT be showing this series to my kids 1/4 stars

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheKingslayer posted:

Tonio would hook him up.

The gang falls apart as Mista recovers from a messy divorce with Sex Pistols

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

v:shobon:v

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Expect My Mom posted:

astute viewers may have noticed that king crimson has a little even angrier man on his forehead

araki drew that little guy because he liked the guy in total recall who had the other guy in his chest, im not even kidding about that

Hirohiko Araki posted:

JoJo is always deeply connected to horror movies, and this influence is especially apparent in the villains.

[edit: spoilers were here apparently]

I'm not claiming Araki cribbed any of these (for instance DIA was 1992-1995 and American Psycho was 2000) but it's fun to think about :)

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 25, 2019

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Found this on reddit, accurate?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kurtofan posted:

events still happened but boss went "gently caress that poo poo" and skipped through it, the confusion is an added bonus

Ah okay. So he like takes himself out of the timeline for up to 10 seconds and gets to choose where he re-enters?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

sirtommygunn posted:

His power is being able to activate that scenario where you walk into a room and don't remember why at will.

Dio walking past Jotaro except it's the Boss walking past the guy whose Stand makes you forget where you left your keys

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I mean Bruno became an inanimate object

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

BaDandy posted:

Yeah I've never understood the "Gold Experience is weird bullshit" complaints because I'm 100% here for weird, dumb bullshit that makes me go "Sure" and then we move on.

Agreed. JoJo grabbed me from the start but it didn't really click for me until Kars started attacking Joseph with piranhas. That's the exact moment my brain went from "Can a volcano really explode someone into space" to "I hope Joseph reaches the volcano in time"

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

They are male models, didn't you see Zoolander?

Male models are genetically constructed to become assassins. They're in peak physical condition. They can gain entry into the most secure places in the world. And most important of all, models don't think for themselves. They do as they're told.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

somepartsareme posted:

Crazy Diamond is absolutely the ideal stand. Thematic, simple but versatile power with well defined rules (for the most part) that allow for lots of imaginative fights with satisfying conclusions. Big part of why part 4 is the best, imo

Agreed, for me punching the spaghetti was the platonic Jojo moment. Complete nonsense from the outside, brilliant from the inside, all played totally straight.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Makes cleanup easy if you're careful tho

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
If Okuyasu was a little smarter he'd know about Alcubierre drives and we'd be on Mars like yesterday

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I keep dipping into Stardust Crusaders (rewatching the series) and accidentally binging it. This poo poo holds up and the 2nd half outro is worth it every time

D'Arby Elder is my fav so far. Every twist logically follows the preceding scene and the climax builds all the way to the end and the villain is so scary clever, beating nearly all of them at their own game one by one until he can't. Its such good plot writing jesus

Like he almost had them, he was so close to doing what even DIO couldn't

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

v satisfied with my decision to rewatch p4 this week

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

:hmmyes:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

arguably more disturbing than smooth jotaro

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Speaking of concepts that are immediately dropped, if you can make a Stand super small, can you make a Stand super big?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
rapidly oscillating my Stand between small and embiggened until it starts humming like a musical toothbrush