Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh boy, that New Thread Smell. It's been a long time since I watched a series while it was coming out instead of waiting for the whole thing. I think the last time was... Haruhi S2. Well, I just remembered why I quit anime for a while. 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
On one hand, DIO BLOOD. On the other hand, that thing where he convinced Jotaro that he was DIO reborn. That's the greatest poo poo he'll ever pull. I mean, how fast was that turn around? Joseph was literally dead on the table, and in the five seconds between regaining brain function and waking up he has already 1) Figured out that Jotaro gave him a transfusion of vampire blood 2) Decided that the way to thank all the nice people for saving him is to scare the poo poo out of them 3) Managed to make his eyes glow red. But anyway, this was Joseph's crowning achievement as a human being, and as a consequence, he subconsciously gave up afted.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I figure there's some Zeppeli still hanging around, but they saw what happened to the last two, saw the kind of body count the Speedwagon Foundation has, and then just changed their names.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When Jotaro was like 'Josuke give us a good one-liner' Josuke flubbed it, so Jotaro will never ask him for anything again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm pretty sure Avdol had a good line.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Araki has a special chart set up where he carefully maps out the specifics and details of every stand, and then he chucks that chart out a window and draws whatever looks coolest instead. Then he throws in a fact about Mongolian Agriculture.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is anyone else having trouble watching the episode? I can see it on the episode list right there but it refuses to load under any circumstance.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fighting Gold gets 8/10 Bloody Streams.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Like an idiot, I wasn't expecting Stand shenanigans for the lighter business, I thought it would be something more straightforward like 'relighting the lighter uses up too much oil so it goes out at hour 20' or some poo poo. Nope! You get murdered!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Not only are they all Zeppelis, this will be the first Jojo series with a TPK.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When Rohan was writing Italian into Koichi's brain, he spilled some ink onto Echoes Act 1 & 2.

Also I think Koichi is just glad he gets to know more about Stands than someone else for once.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know weird couture inspired fashion nonsense is how Jojo works but what the gently caress are these idiots wearing. Most of them I can handle, green cheese boy (Fugo?) with the tie is on thin ice. Mista though. Tiger pants are odd but within reason, diamond crop top turtleneck is dumb, and that hat is a crime. Not cool gangster crime, I mean that the designer, tailor, and possibly whoever sold this hat need to be in jail. How bad is your hair if that hat is your decision.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My favorite part of Part 7 is how Joel Joestar's Stand power (Smooth Criminal) is to make everyone's clothes so stylish that they can't move. Finally weaponizing your environment!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
People slowly deflating creeped me out more than outright gore would- I think it might be the way the eyeballs were keeping their shape in that increasingly wrinkly rubbery face.
Sticky Fingers is still pretty great. If I had that Stand I think I'd just never bother with doors again. Never get locked out of my house again, put all the safe crackers out of business. Hell, who needs a safe. Just like unzip a tree, shove my cash in there, and zip it back up. Maybe not a tree, maybe a wall or something.
I do hope we get, like, a little more info on Moody Blues' time range becuase what we have right now is a perfect eavesdropping/blackmail device. Rewind to Your Boss at the secret meeting yesterday. Rewind to someone typing in their computer password. Rewind to your coworker singing dumb songs at his cat and film it.
Also Abbacchio is like 21 so as far as I can tell between police academy, his sad drunk days, and being a gang member, he took like 20 minutes to become an incredibly jaded police officer.

Anyway Bruno is the best because he correctly identified a Black-Tailed Gull, despite them not being native to Italy. This shows a man who cares about gulls, an admirable attribute in any person.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 10, 2018

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Somewhere out there is a dude whose Stand power is to make other people ignore plot holes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I am just delighted at the image of a guy going 'hang on I need to feed my bullets' and shoving salamis into his gun. Like Stands have a fair range in how much personality/autonomy they have but Mista's situation already just makes me think of a dude with six cats.

Also that dance. What the goddamn.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think they're all gangsters Gang-Stars this time because in previous parts people are like "Did Jotaro leave that guy tied up to slowly die in the sun" or "Holy poo poo Josuke just went all 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream' and melded someone into a rock" but in part 5 everyone's in the mob so murder or whatever is fine.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So do they ever explain why the Bucciarati gang has a perfectly rehearsed torture dance or is that just something that is never gonna come up again

Look, they're a gang, not some random thugs. You can't just grab a guy and then waste two hours arguing out how you'll deal with him. Gotta be organized in this job. Of course they
rehearsed this, it's probably what they do every Tuesday.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd seen panels of the dance before, but definitely not with the context of torturing a dude's living severed head.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I first saw Mista's hand get stuck I thought it was just, like, a sticky or magnetic sort of Stand but then he started pulling some Immovable Rod poo poo and then he started using it like the Stasis thing in the new Zelda. Anyway Kraftwerk is one of those delightful Stands that reminds me that the ideal Jojo video game is not a fighting game, but rather one of those rear end in a top hat physics simulators.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've figured it out. If you're too smart, that means you're already using all of your brain power for smarting and there's not enough left to power a strong Stand. Meanwhile, all of Okuyasu's thinking power is fueling The Hand.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Lots of seventeen year olds have no idea what their future career will be. Alternately-- what jobs could take someone as far from the desert as humanly possible. Like if I spent 50 days of heatstroke and assassins in the Sahara I'd probably make my lifegoals to be on the ocean too.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

BaDandy posted:

There's that but I also think it's a nice nod to him defeating DIO, since the only thing that really held DIO back for a hundred years was the ocean. :v:

And to flip it again, why else would DIO set up in the biggest desert on earth? (Biggest, like, hot desert. No self respecting vpire lives at the poles)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Once you get superpowers all of your hobbies & life goals need to be symbolic.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Now I'm imagining Star Platinum making sketches of sea critters and its cute.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Everyone knows Josuke was saved by a manifestation of Morioh town, which was bruised and bloodied to represent the damage already being done by Kira. This is also why the killing blow was an 'accident' from an ambulance driver, who as a public servant would be more vulnerable to the influence of a genius loci.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So are Giorno and Josuke going to grow to 6'5" like all the other Joestar men or did the Part 4 artstyle change free them from the family curse?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Do you think Mista ever has to intimidate people to make them stop watching him feed his gun salami?

Anyone caught staring has to pay for their next salami.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So if Mista feeds his gun Sex Pistols a salami cooked by Tonio, does he benefit? Does his Stand benefit? Can Stands eat other Stands?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What with the fire, George's untimely death, Jonathan's untimely death, George ii's untimely death, Elizabeth's disappearance, and the weird birthmark, the Joestar family is legally cursed now and loses all status.

Alternative: Jotaro's technically a Duke but Holly wasn't sure when the best time to bring it up was.

Alternative: Joseph lost his title in a poker game.

Alternative: Probably at least forty people were horribly murdered when Dio sank that ship so Erina's laying low to avoid awkward questions.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We've known these violent chucklefucks for, like, three hours at best but it's pretty obvious to me that Narancia's an idiot.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sometimes I wonder about the kind of experimentation it takes for someone to figure out their own Stand power and limitations. Your basic Punch Ghost or Fire Chicken is fairly straightforward. Sometimes you get a Stand who talks and they'll just tell you what's up. Then you have this piece of work. I suspect the learning curve for Purple Haze was pretty, uh, corpse-y.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My question is less whether or not Fugo's immune. It's more if Fugo knows if he's immune. There is no good way to find this out.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Dragonwagon posted:

Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

Hmmm. We've seen some boats and a bunch of cars already...

I bet it's a helicopter and Giorno's going call upon all the powers of the Joestar line to crash it super hard. No. Better yet, what's the biggest thing Gold Experience can turn into a critter? Giorno's going into a helicopter, and for bullshit Stand Battle reasons, have to turn it into a giant egret.

e: in a joke twelve people get and only one (me) will find funny, this will be a giant Little Egret.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 29, 2018

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
See, most Stands work on a belief/bullshit scale, where if you can convincingly explain how your Stand can Do a Thing, it can probably Do the Thing. Giorno somehow gets this on a subconscious level that others don't, so as long as he never really explains what his Stand's limits are, they do not exist.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like if Gold Experience ever punched a vampire, they'd either disintegrate on the spot or Life so hard they turn back into a living human.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I accept literally anything from jojos except for incorrect bird calls.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
All Bruno needs to do is open one zipper at the end of Abbaccio Abacio Abaccio Ex-Cop's arm, open another zipper at the end of his hand, and then zip them to each other. Maybe his arm will be, like, an inch or two shorter that way but it's not even the weirdest thing that's ever happened to these guys.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Rohan would refuse immortality because he can't write a character dying until he himself has experienced it. Once he beats up enough folks in the afterlife to return, then maybe he'd consider living forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yeah Narancia had teeth falling out before he was even going grey.