Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I know I technically read through the entirety of part 5 ages ago, but I've somehow retained almost absolutely nothing about what happened in it other than the very last panel.

It was similar with part 4. Looking forward to another round of confusingly being surprised by things I have nostalgia for but don't actually remember.
:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Blaze Dragon posted:

You'd need a Stand User that has several Stands, all of which are owned by several Users. Those Stands should be able to separate from the user without losing power and still be 100% controllable, be completely visible to people, and send no damage whatsoever to the Users, as well as being able to keep working even with the Users KOed or dead.

I think that's everything? I may be missing something.

The cursed sword from part 3? Remote is debatable, I actually don't remember if there was an original user.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
It's not peak JoJo unless you can't tell where the hat ends and the hair begins.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Man Pesci does a lot in the manga with a broken freakin' neck

To be fair, he had a lot of neck

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Why couldn't his instructions have been: "leave Trish in the empty room and then leave"

Also, I know I read all of this part ages ago, but I didn't even remember Doppio existed.
Actually, when the anime started I think the only things I remembered were narancia's plane, and the gimmick of an exceptionally bizarre stand fight later on.

Aside from concern for my long term memory it's fun for everything to basically be new at least.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

gnome7 posted:

Most of the stands we've seen so far in part 5 have disabled half the Buciaratti crew.

How much of the crew's original bodymass is even left? After the repeated body part part replacement its probably a lot less than they'd want.
When do we hit a ship of theseus situation?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I really want to see what DIO was like aftwr he got out of the coffin for the first time in 100 years, but in a way it's scarier not knowing.

Just going to imagine it was like Aldrich in the dark souls 3 intro.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I don't actually remember that many specifics, but this is the one stand fight I even have any recollection of from reading this part ages ago because it seemed so bizarre.

I didn't remember what a massive piece of garbage the stand user is though. Hoping he is ghost punched repeatedly and with much vigor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
So this is it. The one snippet of part 5 I had any recollection of from when I read it before. Just bizarre enough that it managed to stick in my memory.

The only other mental image I had of part 5 before the anime started was that narancia had a little plane flying around. Not sure how these two things are related.