Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

JDRockefeller posted:

Orange is arancia, but its still the intent just slightly modified. Narancia is our orange boy.

So his name is Norange, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I expected the dance to be good.

I did not expect it to be that good.

I am liking part 5 a LOT more than when I read it

god drat that dance was loving perfect

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

IDONTPOST posted:

i have no idea what the enemy's stand from this week does even after reading this and thats a good thing, part 5 is loving good.

it's just the stasis rune from Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Josuke getting saved by Josuke is probably the ultimate "plans have changed" in all of Jojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh poo poo I just had a thought, what if <spoilers from manga thread> and finally explaining that dropped plotline from Diamond

my man you posted these things within just a few minutes of each other, you're either being willfully obtuse about every criticism someone has or you're trying to low-effort troll both jojo threads

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Is giorno's tooth just full of piss now?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tevery Best posted:

I'm not going to comment on the quality of the Italian since I don't speak Italian, but why is Polpo spelled Volvo in that mail?

There's no V in Japanese, the closest sounds you can do are B or P, so...it's probably a typo? Someone saw "polpo" and assumed they were talking about a volvo or something maybe?

Polpo is Italian for octopus iirc

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Glagha posted:

Wait that doesn't even make sense because this part takes place in the 90s doesn't it?

Madmarker posted:

I mean........I first started using chat rooms in the 90s so.......still works

Yeah, but that meme didn't exist until 2014 when Advanced Warfare came out :v:

Vento Aureo takes place 3 years after Diamond is Unbreakable (1999), so it's 2002

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Where's the Ace Attorney x JJBA crossover that we need/deserve?

Or ghost trick and you run into Abacchio

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's an arcade game so it's going to be garbage that nickel and dimes.
I'd assume you'll get a swipe card or something so you can buy alternate outfits for keeps like Jotaro 3/4 and the cover art alts etc.

It'll be bad.
I'd dedicate my life to it if it came to home systems though.

The controllers in the teaser video (and button prompts in the screenshots) look like PS4 controllers so...maybe?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's pretty weird. If it was 3 - 6, I could understand. Why only 5?

I guess it's just an anime tie-in for the parts that already have adaptations.

so they can add part 6 as an update to the arcade game (and DLC to the console port?) to bring everyone rushing back to play it, obviously (I hope)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah, what bugs me is that his job is part of his quiet life, it's his alibi, his mask, the place where he blends in. Hell he's respected there, women want to eat with him, guys try to drink with him. He even calls his boss in the middle of the final fight to say he'll be late. So "miserable" just feels out of character to me

To me it kinda sounded like he chuckled when he said it, like it's a typical thing to say about a job in a small town, kinda just because you're not "supposed" to enjoy your job, but he doesn't hate his job

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Anyone who has a female significant other can sympathize with hugging them first thing in the morning and feeling like you're hugging a snowman.

My girlfriend turns into a raging ball of fire when she goes to sleep so I dunno about this

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Kakyoin also sunbathes while in his school uniform, and I will not have anyone forgetting this very important fact.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Flesnolk posted:

It feels a little weird seeing a straightforward power like cryokinesis in Jojo, especially next to a lot of the other Stands in the part so far.

Yeah, it's cool to see it on a villain, too. Avdol had pyrokinesis: the stand and had to be written out of most fights because of how powerful that is.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

TheKingslayer posted:

With the knowledge that DIO could eventually just stop time forever more than likely... nah.

That's just because he's an immortal vampire, though. That power on a normal human, like Jotaro, only lets you stop time for about 2 seconds and it tires you out.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Couldn't they also just mindgames each other if they know how one another's stands work?

Like, if DIO knows how KC works he could just "wait" until the timeskip is over to stop time, but the boss wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference between "DIO standing still" and "DIO just waiting until KC timeskips to then immediately stop time and gently caress up the boss"

Conversely, the boss could ALSO just wait until he "sees" DIO stopping time using The World, and then skip past it/dodge

I feel like a fight between the two of them would just be a staredown until someone flinches

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
It looks almost like Adrian Brody to me, but not quite...

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SpartanIvy posted:

That only works if King Crimson can activate before The World. Which given how Dio typically yells ZA WARUDO before activating it, might actually work.

A better counter would be Bites the Dust. Doesn't matter how long you can pause time for if the whole day resets.

BTD only works if you don't know who Kira is though, iirc

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Mimesweeper posted:

I was just rereading the old parts since they got posted to Shonen Jump's site and it's kind of funny how quickly the stands went from tarot cards to "hmm, there's not that many tarot cards, gently caress. uhh, uhh... music references! hell yeah!"

they went to Egyptian Gods before musical references, but yeah :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Yinlock posted:

I dunno, Narancia is a fuccboi but he has a way better track record of not hitting himself with every single bullet he fires

He also, as we saw when Trish was introduced, always carries at least two knives on him. The boy knows to have a backup plan. Just don't ask him to do math. Please.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I imagine it's just converted into energy for Mista's body. Somehow.

Chicken Soup for the Soul, Except it's Salami

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

felt obligated to post one of the most overt jojo references in bloodstained

There's a similar Stone Mask item in SotN (you find it in a library), so it's still a jojo reference but now also referencing the jojo reference in that game :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Alan_Shore posted:

Why WOULD there be a "representation" of your soul behind your head? What the gently caress

It makes NO SENSE and doesn't even make sense here because one person destroys it and nothing happens and one destroys it and dies immediately wtf and I guarantee you we'll never see this dumb poo poo again

Bad writing is bad

SCR controls people's souls by giving everybody their own light source. Bucciarati died because he ended the body swapping shenanigans and his body is finally actually for-reals dead.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Alan_Shore posted:

Ok so why didn't Chariot Requiem die when King Crimson punched his sun soul? Why did it only die when Buccaletti punched his? Was it a special 2 soul suns for one deal?

If Buccaletti is dead cos his body is dead then it is would be utter bullshit if Polnareff isn't dead too, but we didn't see him at all this episode because...

KC didn't completely destroy his sun so SCR didn't get completely destroyed, you keep asking the same question

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

DrManiac posted:

I think the sun ball is basically a psychic led. It’s probably the thing that gives you the cool colored aura when you use your stand.

:hmmyes: finally someone cracked the code

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

painted into a coroner posted:

Star Platinum and The World both have the same power, they are only made different in how long they can stop time for.

It's not that the stands can stop time for different amounts of time, it's that stopping time is incredibly tiring and unless you're an immortal vampire you probably can't stop time for more than a couple seconds. The World and Star Platinum are essentially the same stand, but DIO being DIO means he can stop time for longer.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Elephant Parade posted:

if i wrote jajo killer queen would have big muscles and a cool time power

hello araki sensei

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

dancingbears posted:

I regret my actions

Let's change the subject!

So if

1) Your Stand is your soul (Black Sabbath shows this explicitly)

2) An arrow can fuse with your Stand (Black Sabbath, Gold Experience Requiem, maybe Killer Queen Bites the Dust)

3) The arrows are actually forged from an alien virus

Does that mean that Polpo, Giorno, and Kira are part alien? Like, their soul is part alien virus. Does this explain why Polpo could turn into a bed and regrow his fingers, or why Kira's hair changed to black and white? Mikitaka (Part 4's alien(?)) could transform, but that seemed to be a natural ability and not a Stand (he couldn't see Stands), so does becoming part alien allow you to shapeshift to an extent? Maybe?

Also something about how you have be an rear end in a top hat otherwise you die to the alien virus

Xad fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 10, 2019

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

CJ posted:

Giorno can reflect damage on to enemies who attack his pets and trees. Bruno can taste liars.

Speaking of, how come Diavolo didn't get crushed to death when he stamped on that scorpion?

Giorno has forgotten that he can do this since like the first fight

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dragonwagon posted:

I'm not sure how easy it is to scout a prison.

Easy, just do a crime

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Glagha posted:

I like Kira's overconfidence because it results in him gloating over Jotaro and talking about how weak Star Platinum is seconds before getting punched in the face.

This is still one of my favorite scenes to watch

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

RatHat posted:

It’s a shame the opening spoiled it.

Knowing that it's going to happen doesn't make it bad, and not absolutely everyone looks for hints of which character is going to die in the OP

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Funnily enough it was one of Mista's bullets that really went whole horse into the role as a Speedwagon.

Hmm the entire horse you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
They didn't use a stand to put Joseph's blood back, he's not lying