Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't see how they could really do any less or more than 39 episodes. with a minor bit of pacing optimized part 4 was able to comfortably fit that length and it's longer than part 5, and i sincerely doubt they've gotten a giant influx of cash to somehow stretch it out to 48 episodes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kurtofan posted:

I dont think so

it's on october 5th which is in fact next friday

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

insulting part 4 is a probatable offense in my heart

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the refusal to accept that joseph stopped practicing the ripple and got old from some people will never not be funny

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

typically it's up fairly soon on the same day, it's generally available before like 11 am my time on Friday (which is central time)

maybe earlier, i don't remember

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there are different kinds of gay

thank you

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's dumb but i like watching live reactions occasionally so even beyond getting to see the first ep in its true glory and not a bootleg i can have fun with those

anyways the first ep was cool

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

most of my favorite dumb stands are spoilers for later in the series, i have to admit

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

consider this: jojo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you haven't read the manga you really, absolutely shouldn't be looking up merchandise for the series

it's 30+ years old at this point and generally people aren't going to be quiet about stuff they've known for possibly more than 10 years by now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 7 would fit 48 eps a hell of a lot better than part 3 did, at least

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fellow Millennials, Tonight We Dine On Digiorno

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i suppose i could have announced i already knew there was no op or ed

anyways i'm banking on ed for sure next week

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'm loving Giorno being an unabashed dick. He truly is his father's son.

giorno is a fun jojo and he's like a combo between dio and jonathan

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :discourse:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad they added a new bit entirely for the anime at the beginning. it's a good, tidy summary of giorno's character right off the bat

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the upcoming part 5 op is only the second time the two people involved with cruel angel's thesis have worked together

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'll have you know that the jojo of part 7 is a very special and nice boy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

didn't you see the SPQR on it? it's a special shovel. anyone would use a shovel as spectacular as that

alternatively the shovel was his stand

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

What would a shovel based stand even be called?

6 underground

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i still hold to my answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eBZqmL8ehg

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gold experience is one of a handful of stands where the best course of action is to not ask 'what if it did this' because you're going to quickly find out that araki has a habit of writing very open-ended things and it's best not to question it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we're well aware of what it does, we're just referring to how incredibly inherently open-ended what it does is

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Silver2195 posted:

And then there's Dio's copy of Hermit Purple, although the artbooks do say it's Jonathan's Stand, so maybe he lost it as he assimilated Jonathan's body.

that's pretty much exactly it. as dio asserts more control his own stand comes forth.

also yeah gold experience is a classic jojo example of araki kind of going with something and then not revisiting it later for whatever reason. kind of like how there was such a big deal paid to josuke getting mad about his hair and there being ample opportunities for it to happen yet early on that all goes away immediately after the explanation behind why it happens occurs. which makes sense if araki doesn't want to constantly keep harping on a thing but it makes it a bit weird in the beginning when people expect something and then don't get it anymore after a specific point.

it's not really a spoiler to say that the damage reflection thing never really sticks around and it's probably for the best because 'infusing life' is already a really loving wild ability as all you anime-only people will get to see

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

someone might post it with a spoiler tag in here if they catch the japanese broadcast for some reason or another but generally it's not something we get to hear early. this is assuming it's in this week's episode, but i feel pretty confident. definitely will get either the op or ed, possibly both, this week.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 5 is up there. which says a lot for jojo.

also i checked that twitter and, if true, i never would have guessed that but it's funny as hell

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hogama posted:

Yonkou did not have it wrong.

lmao holy poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's gonna suck waiting the extra 3 or so hours until i'm out of work to see this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the average punch ghost is still able to pretty easily mangle a person but gold experience definitely isn't an outright physical powerhouse

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think araki just kind of throws a dart at a board to determine ages of characters sometimes

bruno is supposed to be 20 iirc

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as a person who has read the manga i'm pretty hype about the anime as a whole because it's already added a bunch of neat little touches and you all are gonna see some crazy good fights in this part. part 4 has some good as hell ones as well but 5 has some really standout ones.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

koichi is like the only one out of the main part 4 cast he would do that to for free

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

don't click on anything related to the wiki if you don't want to see spoilers, by the way

it should be obvious but really i feel obligated to say it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's something that literally doesn't matter so i'm never sure why people fixate on it so much

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojo has a wide variety of ops and every single one of them has fans who say it's their favorite, there's no point in saying one of them 'doesn't feel' like jojo because there's a fair amount to who it does without an absolute doubt

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hmm, i'm curious as to what fleetwood mac has to do with the animated adaptation of part 5 of jojo's bizarre adventure, otherwise known or vento aureo which translates to golden wind

:thunk:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the idea is that there's three outcomes to the test

1. the lighter goes out. the person relights it. the stand impales them with the arrow and they have the willpower to support their own stand. they go back to polpo with a stand and are accepted.

2. the lighter goes out. the person relights it. the stand impales them with the arrow and they don't have the willpower to support their own stand. they die. it's taken care of.

3. the lighter does not go out for 24 hours. the person returns to polpo with a lit lighter and has shown that they are dedicated enough to manage such a thing to where they should be allowed into the gang based on that alone. it's implied leaky eye luca managed this, as he did not have a stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think the amount of fluid is something that would come into play when it's literally part of a stand that summons a goddamn wraith that stabs people through the soul with an arrow