Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Anne's purpose was to be Psycho-perved on by a horny orangutan, the noblest of roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Expect My Mom posted:

but yeah like, I have no idea what onomatopoeia I would use in English to represent the lighting of a fire or that something is hot, but Japanese has Juuuuu that Koichi uses, stuff like that

It's a shame, if he'd bust out Act 2 to pull off some "zawa zawa zawa" whenever poo poo is getting real, he'd be the best Jobro ever.

For all the ragging on Koichi, he's still more useful than, I dunno, let's say Avdol. Sheer Heart Attack is so good.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Or he'll befriend you only to scam you and burn your house down.

Rohan and Josuke aren't friends.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He gets a big wound on his head when Kakyoin hits the real one. He just was using clones for most of the fight.

I think Surface would be a closer example to Black Sabbath, since Hazamada can't just bring it out whenever he wants.

That too.

Surface is also a Stand that's bound to a physical object, though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

YggiDee posted:

I do hope we get, like, a little more info on Moody Blues' time range becuase what we have right now is a perfect eavesdropping/blackmail device. Rewind to Your Boss at the secret meeting yesterday. Rewind to someone typing in their computer password. Rewind to your coworker singing dumb songs at his cat and film it.

Normal people can't see Stands, so filming it isn't the best idea.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Hell yes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Pomplamoose posted:

I mean I still like part 5 it's just that with Gold Experience, when anything seems possible, nothing is surprising.

Gold Experience is my least favourite main character Stand for the exact reasons you outline in this post, but I don't think it's ever as bad again. Plus, come on, Sticky Fingers is great so this part gets a pass, I think.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
There's probably a Stand out there that can tell you what someone's stand abilities are by reading Jotaro's PhD thesis or something. Either that or Keicho hacked the Speedwagon foundation's lovely 90s computers.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Whenever Rohan Kishibe is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Rohan?"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I was worried that the new opening wouldn't be able to top the glory that is Fighting Gold, but Great Days is objectively the best. Now this excites me.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
God drat, I love Sticky Fingers.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
This episode was pretty frenetic, but Baron Freezo-Kill is instantly pretty great.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Giorno just got his stand, so I like to imagine a stand's powers can be a bit more broad and ill defined until the user settles into it. Star Finger is the same thing. It doesn't really hold water but eh who cares.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Been trying to watch the HxH series based on this thread and being a long time YuYu fan but I find the core cast of characters to just be totally unendearing. There are three different variations on “flips into super badass psychopath mode” wish fulfillment characters and nobody is all that likable except maybe Gon because he’s just a sweet child.

It's funny to me you excluded the one character who might be an actual legit psychopath.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I gotta say, Clash/Crash is one of my favourite Stand localisations so far.

Man, everyone aside from Giorno is a loving moron this episode, jesus.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Silver2195 posted:

I've always been curious about how Japanese readers reacted to Jojo at the time, beginning in Part 1. Were there Japanese-language Usenet groups back then?

I've always been curious if those existed somewhere. Like, I'd love to see what the response was back in the day to Goku being an alien and Johnathan dying and stuff. I'd love to imagine alt.1channel.wsj or whatever was blowing up back then.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The crunchyroll staff also aren't super keen to make sure the new episode is working in the UK apparently.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this might be my favourite episode of Part 5 so far. Trish is pretty cool once she galaxy brains into being a full Jojo.

King Crimson has a great design, it's so loving angry.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Bruno could also just zip himself open and pull out any scissors or razor blades without further hurting himself.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The way I always imagined it is that damaging your Stand is damaging the soul, and the damage transfers to the body. But when there's two souls in one body, punching a hole through one soul transfers only half the damage to the body as the soul only has dominion over half the body. So Spice Girl takes 100% of the damage while both Mista's body and King Crimson takes 50%.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's a shame there's so much bullshit in the episode, because Giorno using the blood he left behind when his arm was severed to create termites that destroy the arrow shaft is a pretty cool and logical use of Gold Experience for once. I mean King Crimson is a ghost so neither the ants nor blood should even be able to touch him but, y'know, good try.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Part five is my least favourite part, Stone Ocean kicks rear end.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Okay, I'm on board with traitors requiem now.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah JoJo is absolutely mainstream and "normie" now. It's fanbase is maybe one of the worst anime fanbases I've ever seen in my loving life but if that means I can walk into a bookstore and buy hardback Part 4 volumes off the shelf, then I'm okay with it

You and I have very different experiences with every other anime fanbase.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's me. I'm doing the voice. Sorry for keeping it quiet guys

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
https://i.imgur.com/Qgl3Q2K.mp4

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Looking outside and it's very cloudy. Gonna have some heavy weather later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

overmind2000 posted:

You should probably spoiler that

Should be marked NSFW for starring my boy.