Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Highway Star is my favorite bit of Part 4 so that section owns, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's another inconsistency that we already know is in the first episode, even!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm realizing now that in terms of what it can actually do, even just what we've already seen and ignoring any future applications that may or may not come up, Gold Experience has like, one of the broadest Stand powersets in the series.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've read this part and I wasn't ready for how gay the ED choice would be.

Wish the animation for it was a little more inspired, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The best name change is in Part 6 and I won't spoil it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A lot of them come from All Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's saying they're arguably crazy assholes

unless that's :thejoke:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rohan meets his deadlines no problem, maybe everyone else just needs to get good

(I agree)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

today is thursday

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The full beatdown theme is great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Monaghan posted:

But we've never seen him switch forms.

He switches to Act 1 during Sheer Heart Attack.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol I've never heard that theory before

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dead people can't appreciate manga, so no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Soft Machine still makes no loving sense to me, sorry. Like, I get how it works, but there's really no reason Sticky Fingers shouldn't be able to zip through one layer of the boat and see the other one.

At least animated I can actually comprehend what the hell's going on, though. My first read I thought I was losing my mind, and I only barely understood it on a later reread.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sticky Fingers is one of those instant-win-if-I-punch-you Stands so I get it.

e: except when it happened to Giorno, which is only because he's the main character

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sekkira posted:

I hadn't read the manga because I was waiting for the re translation to be done, but afaik, the anime beat it. So after hearing that p5 was boring and that maybe that had to do with the original translation, I didn't have my hopes up. However, I enjoyed episode 1 (gently caress the 3 episode test) and stuck with it only for it to get even better. Now after todays episode, I can safely say gently caress the haters. Part 5 is great.

The retranslation finished over a year ago.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, Mista did that. Fake fan alert!!!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meme Emulator posted:

Part 5 is a lot like 4 where the beginning is the weakest.

I heavily disagree with this, but to expand upon the actual weakest bit of this part would be anime spoilers so I won't.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Mista so much you guys

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kikas posted:

Mista is a simple boy. Good thing his luck didn't run out this fight.
What's the reference in Arts & Crafts? Is it referencing the record label or a specific album?

The name got changed from Kraftwerk.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

remember when jotaro punched that shark to death.

he sure does

he cries himself to sleep thinking about it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why are you so intent on posting like an idiot my dude

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vic Mignogna sounds absolutely nothing like the original VA and I love it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a good voice

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fuckin' finally, the OST is ooooooout

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty certain that fugo is immune to his own stand, otherwise there's literally no situation where he'd be able to use it

He wouldn't be alone there, just saying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Catching up from episode 10 and while they toned it down a bit from the manga I'm kinda shocked they didn't censor Gelato's fate as a weird Hannibal-esque art piece.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I spent this morning catching up and I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I noticed something interesting that I didn't catch when I originally read this part. I don't think Little Feet and Man in the Mirror are necessarily great fights or anything, but they both do something I find really compelling that most other Stand fights don't: the enemy has to fight just as hard as the heroes to try to win. Formaggio obviously has a Stand that even other characters consider weak, so of course he's going to be improvising and reacting to Narancia just as much as Narancia is to him, but Illuso seems like a character who in most other circumstances would have a Stand that would let him absolutely coast through the fight. Instead, he here has to fend off Abacchio's guile to both sneak Moody Blues into the mirror world and get the key to Giorno, excise the flesh off his own hand to escape Purple Haze's virus, and attempt to stop Purple Haze's fist in a last-ditch attempt to survive. Death 13 is the obvious comparison in terms of powerset, where by contrast it seemed like it was all hosed until Kakyoin tricked him and won. Other fights like Enigma or even Soft Machine and Kraft Work from this part primarily rely on the heroic Stand user being forced into a corner where they're constantly reacting to the enemy's gambits, their Stand seems like a poor match against the villain's, or they're even just completely lost as to the actual nature of the enemy Stand.

It feels like the last time we've really seen the heroes and the villain on more-or-less equal footing outside of parts of DIO or Kira's fights was like, bits of Vanilla Ice, and even there two heroes died, one got maimed repeatedly, and most of that fight was desperate and brutal for them. It's interesting that it's different here. Anyway, this next fight is loving incredible and I'm very excited for it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beach Boy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you wake up feeling so horny and it lasts for more than four hours you should really call your doctor

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Avdol "died" in episode 10 of Stardust Crusaders

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We haven't yet gotten to either the part that's memetically confusing or the part that's way more confusing than even that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're at the annoying middle part of a JoJo season in-between soundtrack releases. I really want the version of the main theme that plays when Bruno unzips his head, goddammit!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mista owns, shame he's dead

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was Duwang

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

its me

my stand makes us have arguments about spoilers in this thread, forever

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Let's Go Eat Some Italian Food!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zwiebel posted:

You say that, but this describes pretty much every fight in part 2, because hamon (and especially Joseph) was complete bullshit.

Joseph was entertaining enough to make that forgivable though, while Giorno is just kinda there most of the time. He largely gets overshadowed by other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Of the remaining fights, I think maybe two of them are really good. I don't really care about the rest of them.