Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Part 5 is absolutely the most underrated part, and I'm excited for it to finally get the respect it deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Part 5 is Part 3 but better. :colbert:

Also, for anime-only folks: Part 5's supporting cast is the best in all of JoJos. Get ready to fight and die for the honour of your Best Boy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah Part 5 really does a lot better with giving people screentime, it's not the Jotaro Kujo Show. The cast is a gang and are great at working together to overcome enemies

Even down to every member of the gang getting at least one fight on their own, which goes a long way to avoiding another Avdol situation of "Oh yeah, he's here too".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

When I found out Pt4 was being animated, my first thought was "Oh man, the motorcycle chase and the flip over the pram is going to be so cool."

And it totally was.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Avdol is the most powerful member! Good thing he pretty much never fights or gets one-shot instantly when he does.

Seriously, he gets instantly beaten in like four different fights. :argh:

Right! There's a bunch of fights in Part 3 where Magician's Red would just immediately beat the enemy, yet it's just not used for some reason.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Even though the setting does jump around time settings, it's always weirdly timeless anyway. Turns out when everyone looks weird, no-one does.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 28, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hey, let's not forget that Jotaro could beat up a grown man as a child. :colbert:

In fact, I recall a number of times that Jotaro just opts to hit a guy with his own bare hands rather than using Star Platinum.

Within 10 minutes of arriving in a sleepy seaside town to sort out a family financial issue, Jotaro punched a 16 old in the jaw in the middle of the street.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

You guys.

We're less than a week away from New JoJo Content.

:allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

RubberLuffy posted:

i'm ready for my group of good boys to do some insanely violent poo poo

The violence level in part 5 is so much higher than previous parts and I love it because My Good Part 5 Boys are objectively bad people.

Episode 1 has a man being beaten to death with a shovel, and it only gets worse from there.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 5, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Housh posted:

How long will this season run? Debating if I should get 3 mo Crunchyroll or get the full year. I only use it for JoJo.

39 episodes. So if you want to see it all, you'll need the full year.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

DiU, VA and SO are all, give or take, the same length. So I'll be very surprised if SO isn't also 39 episodes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The penultimate fight of Part 7 would have to be like, half a dozen episodes minimum.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

There never is openings or endings on the first episode.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bucellati > Bucciarati as a translation imo

Companies like Arbys and DiGiorno must absolutely love the internet's tendency to do their advertising for them.
DiGiorno have spent 2 minutes in paint and the internet's done thousands and thousands of dollars advertising for them for nothing. It's wild, if you think about it.

Buccellati is also, strictly speaking, the correct translation. Since it's a jewelry brand.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

gently caress, that episode was so good. There's a few scenes that weren't in the manga, and the story is better for all of them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

i've seen the first episode three times now and I don't think I can make it to next week, good lord

Consider: Probably finding out what the opening and ending are next week.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's Jotaro who never has good lines.

Cmon, his last words to Dio were good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

Ah, but is it album titles or band names? Not knowing what's coming we currently just have The Gold Experience which is an album title (copyright blurring aside), so does this fit within the naming conventions of this arc?

Stand names can be song titles, album titles or artist's names. It just has to be related to music somehow.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If that selection is real, I'm going to laugh every single time an episode ends.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The ending was real, JoJo's is the greatest of all time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Araki is thoroughly gunning for the "Wants to gently caress his manga creations" crown held by the long-time champion Go Nagai.

Using Jodeci as an ED is a bold swing at that title.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

this afterschool special about the evils of drugs took a hard turn

Part 5 is that Black Dynamite "But *I* sell drugs in the community!" bit.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Pomplamoose posted:

Serious question: is Araki aware of how many people perceive his work as gay? I mean part of it is probably cultural differences and Araki's personal aesthetic preferences, and it never seems to leave the realm of subtext, but I can't tell how much, if any of it is intentional.

It's an urban myth (but a very plausible one in context) that Pt6's protagonist was going to be bisexual until the editors stepped in.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm assuming the rest of the gang show up in Episode 4, which is where we enter Maximum Overgay

Just a whole bunch of Italian twinks being dudes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dartonus posted:

Alessi and Anubis both involved themselves directly in combat, Anubis due to being a sword that needs a wielded and Alessi because Sethan’s more a support tool. But as far as punchghosts, yeah I think this is the first time the users directly fight each other.

When Jotaro punches Josuke when they first meet, he intentionally doesn't use Star Platinum. Mostly because Josuke nearly just broke his face in with Crazy Diamond and also presumably because Jotaro didn't want to seriously injure him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It begins my dudes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Even Speedwagon is afraid of having no dignity.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just realized I assumed that Narancia getting stabbed in the face with a fork was gonna be a set up to reveal he has a healing stand but no it turns out that other dude is just a crazy mother fucker

To save a lot of questioning why anyone does anything in part 5: every member of Passione is a terrible person.

In any other part, all of them except MAYBE Giorno would be villains.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The noise Abbacchio's stand makes is loving inspired.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

A year?! The man murdered Keicho!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

What must I say?
What must I do?
To show you how much
I think about FRIDAY

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dance is perfect, Sex Pistols is perfect, closing the blinds before Mista shoots still makes me laugh.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Guido Mista, Narancia Ghirga, Bruno Buccellati, Giorno Giovanna, Leone Abbacchio, Pannacotta Fugo.

Quite a few of them are only referred to be one name the whole time, so unless you see their eyecatch, you wouldn't know their full name anyway. For example, I don't think anyone even says Narancia's surname.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

how quickly we all forget Harvest. More Is Better

I will still go down swinging that Harvest is both the most useful stand in all of JoJos, but the fact that it didn't just one-shot everyone Shigechi fought is purely on Shigechi being an idiot.

Josuke, Okuyasu and Kira ALL got within a hair's breadth of getting absolutely punked out by Harvest with ease.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If you're not blowing out both your hamstrings on a Dio WRYYYYYY, you're not trying hard enough.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

What must I say
What must I do
To show you how much
I think about
JOJO DAY.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The detail I love about that fight is that moment before Sale falls over and Mista's basically thinking out loud "I really hope you're not invincible to this too, because if you are, I'm absolutely hosed."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fix himself to the truck, fix the truck to the road, laugh as Mista is immediately fired by momentum down the side of a mountain.

Sale is Not A Smart Man. Another victim of Nijimura Syndrome.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ranzear posted:

The stones he threw seemed to slow gradually, but that conflicts with stopping the bullet quickly enough before it fractures his skull.

I like the idea of Mista's hand still being stuck and his shooting arm getting torn off or dislocated at least. OP stands fielded by dumb people is a thing though.

Also Mista has effectively magic bullets. He could shoot lefty with no issue.

The opposite is always cool too, seemingly useless stands being used well by creative people. Like Tamami being a con man using The Lock. He's not gonna win a fight with it, but dude almost wrangled himself a house. Or Shigechi using Harvest to collect the entire town's wasted change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

The halcyon days when Araki's art did an imitation of Tezuka.

It looks more like Nagai to me. Hard to tell when no-one's naked though.