Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Holy gently caress it's next Friday? :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I can't believe the guy who is on record saying that he "hates hard work and working hard" would ever stop practicing Hamon.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Housh posted:

How long will this season run? Debating if I should get 3 mo Crunchyroll or get the full year. I only use it for JoJo.

The manga is a little shorter than DiU so I'd expect another 39 episode run.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Then it's a little harder to judge Steel Ball Run because it ran for 7 years, but was monthly as opposed to weekly.

If we go by volume counts, I think DIU, VA and SO are each about 3/4s as long as SBR, so maybe that might be a 4 cour series?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Cruel Angel’s Thesis 3. Bloody Stream was also written by the guy who wrote that. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Finally got around to watching it. Is it just me, or does Jotaro sound different?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Until we get the names from CR subs or Viz manga, I would not take ASB/EoH names as defacto. IIRC ASB went with Opal Jam for Pearl Jam, whereas the CR subs go with Pole Jam. Conversely, CR and ASB both use Zipper Man in place of Sticky Fingers, so its up in the air if CR’s gonna keep the infamous Part 6 one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Did you guys know Batta did an English version of Chase as a bonus track on their new album? I don’t have a youtube link or anything but the album’s on Spotify, at least in Japan. Just like Fighting Gold in English, I think I had an easier time understanding the song in Japanese, but its still a cool novelty, I think!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CC2’s casting decisions have no influence on David’s. David does their own auditions for the characters regardless of the game casting decisions. Sometimes there’ll be overlap when an actor is just that good for a role, like with Jotaro or Okuyasu, but not always.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

One of my favorite casting things is how Anime Vanilla Ice is the same dude who voiced him from way back in Capcom’s fighting game like 20 years ago.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Its a little silly to think about why an Italian mobster takes a Japanese superstition so closely to heart, but hey, it is what it is.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There's no way Mista wasn't the 5th team member of Bruno's crew. He would absolutely not be on board with joining up as the 4th member and he would've probably had a panic attack over whoever was #4 if he joined the gang before they picked up a 4th.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Checking Spotify tells me that "Zipper Man" and "Six Bullets" are at least real song names, so they have that going for them at least.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

They happen well after Part 4 ends, so its not unreasonable he's either served his time or he's on parole. I think its funny how Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi are all still wearing their high school uniforms.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It kills me that they even had a disclaimer on the page that they almost certainly translated the map wrong but didn’t bother to actually think about where their landmarks were coming from and where Part 5 is set.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are you really a gangstar if you don't have a dance ready for when you have to torture someone?

Fixed that for ya.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Viz finished Part 3’s manga aaaaaaages ago actually, well before anyone in the west actually gave a poo poo about JoJo.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

BaDandy posted:

Well, his stand DOES have that Pharaoh look going for him and being really really into Egypt was a thing both in the 1880's and the 1980's.

And I will never get over that DIO changes his looks depending on what cool power he's focused on. It's so funny. Him trying to dress like a goth twink when he's discovered how to become a vampire, and then in the 1980's, not only discovering 80's fashion but also trying to dress like his Stand when he's out in public is the height of comedy because he's such an image-focused guy and it is absolutely a thing he would do.

edit: like I guess you could argue that Dio dressing like a vampire is just a thing Araki did to indicate that this is a vampire, but it turns out Dio finding an abandoned gothic castle and draping himself in red velvet and having a bowl of roses around for no other reason than The Aesthetic is absolutely, 100 percent in character of him and that's just good writing.

W/r/t his Part 3 outfit, you could read it as being waaaaay more confident about having Jonathan’s body than his own, hence his relatively conservative outfits in Part 1.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You mean you don’t start soaring in the middle of intense RPS showdowns? :thinking:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Press F to pay respects to Polpo.

Holy poo poo we don't deserve DavidPro.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You maaaay want to check where you're posting.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

BaDandy posted:

I thought that was Straits?

Nope, Straits got the name from Dio. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah yeah so they did.

I wanna say Shigechi’s did too?

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont know what he could do, maybe some sort of tsk tsk tsk? Stop stop stop?

I’m thinking a super smarmy “Oh no, no, no, no, no, this won’t do at all” kinda thing would work.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Re: Heaven’s Door’s limitations, maybe it only applies to skills/things you can or can’t do? I.e. Speakinf fluent Italian is a skill, so Rohan could write in that Koichi could do that, but couldn’t write that Koichi knows the meaning of the word “Arrivederci”?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is the OP still Fighting Gold or do we not have an OP this week?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I kinda thought it was to help slow down Pesci’s aging. If Prosciutto can rapidly age someone at full force when touching and if he can de-age himself, it doesn’t seem like too far of a reach to assume he can de-age by touch too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gildiss posted:

Part 4 had that painfully generic anime OP for a while there and that puts it at the bottom of the Jojo Part OP power rankings.

Man that’s harsh. Even if you don’t like Chase (and you’re wrong if you don’t), Chase’s visuals are so on point that it pushes that OP to my top 3.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Today I realized that Prosciutto’s power might’ve been chosen because his namesake is an aged ham. Or should that be, Prosciutto was named because his power ages people?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I really liked that this is where they chose to bring back Mistas backstory. In the manga it was all delivered around Kraftwerk. It almost feels empty and weird but Mista is just a chill guy who will go along with anyone nice to him. Bruno saying "I like the way you eat" was definitely weird flirting tho

More importantly though, Mista going from hesitant to totally trusting of Bruno when he changed his order of 4 bruschettas to 5 was perfect.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why wouldn’t it be?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kawabata posted:

Oh. I thought the entire season was ready or almost ready since episode 1. In that case they made the right choice, I don't want people to get overworked.

Production values have been stellar so far.

Nah, anime tends to go to air with like a month or so of buffer. Its a very hectic industry.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Its all over YouTube, so I guess be alert for spoilers on YT!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Tunicate posted:

The live action mob psycho on netflix is still good.

Nnnnnoooo it isn’t. It misses the point of the whole show soooo hard and it doesn’t do a whole lot to keep the viewer enticed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

To be fair regarding GE’s sensory overload punches, he’s really only gotten to physically attack 3 things after Bruno: Black Sabbath, Baby Face and Ghaccio. 2 of those are stands and its likely that this power doesn’t work on them, going off what happened with Black Sabbath. As for Ghaccio, GE straight up murdered him, so we don’t really get to dwell on Ghaccio’s reaction, but we could probably assume his death was a very long and excruciating one for him to experience.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I wouldn’t describe Epitaph as reverse-Thoth, but they are incredibly similar in retrospect! They both show the user a snapshot of the future completely devoid of all context, so the user can make their own judgments about a situation, whether that means they think victory is assured (when Thoth showed a premonition of Jotaro’s face being split in two) or if it means the user needs to haul rear end to make it work out favorably (when Epitaph showed a foot being amputated).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Giorno to be frank has only been a gangster for maybe a month at the longest

He only met Bruno like 2-3 days ago. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nah you should be fine to read ahead. Just remember to leave your impressions in the manga thread. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Giorno's life punch thing probably doesn't get any actual attention drawn to it after his failed attempt at using it on Black Sabbath because the only other times he actually got to physically attack someone up to this point are when he's killing them and I'm not sure Araki wanted to draw out the whole elongated torture thing again. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm not sure if this was in supplementary material or fan speculation, but somewhere it was suggested he let go of his training so he would grow old with Suzie Q.

Sounds like fan speculation to me, especially since we're talking about a dude who's two least favorite things are "Hard Work" and "Working Hard" :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CJ posted:

Yeah but Araki gave himself that constraint, which goes back to my original post that maybe he should think about it when he introduces the ability. Maybe he added Stray Cat because he couldn't make the original concept work, but if that's the case maybe write down some cool situations when coming up with the ability and put it in a draw for later. If you can't think of any then change it to something else.

I’m thinking about a fight like this and I think Kira’s restrictions might actually work against him for it. He can only make one bomb at a time, so he can’t lay down a minefield, and he has to touch the object he’s turning into a bomb, so if they’re actually fighting him, it will be dead obvious what is or isn’t a bomb. He also has to trigger detonations with his hand, so if his hand is disabled, he can’t do jack poo poo, like when Koichi froze his hand at the end. The idea of a minefield fight against Kira is also easy to diffuse if approached with any kind of range. Josuke could shoot things at high speed with high precision, Okuyasu could scrape the space between him and Kira, etc. I just don’t think this fight would be at all entertaining.