Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Whoops, I almost forgot!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Finally..... a reason to post friday memes again
This is a thread rule: For every Friday with JoJo...

... we need one of these babies. Preferably including Part 5 characters. I'm just using the Duwang Gang for illustrative purposes. :engleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Remember that it's all Pointless Crap!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
TBF, it's a really dumb hairdo.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Y-you said the thing that shouldn't be said...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The gently caress
I'm a failure as a faux-provocateur. :negative:

Hello there! :wave:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Schwarzwald posted:

Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
Right here. This motherhubbard right here knows what's up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

drjuggalo posted:

idk that blacks are sucking the lifeline of the world and his defunct wrestling company
Wait, what? Like, I knew Corgan was kind of a prick/control-freak, but he also went full racist idiot?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The best stand is Cracker Volley.
Suprising how far a children's toy can take you. :mmmhmm:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nice save Agoat. Sincerely. :cheers:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Night Goat posted:

edit: wrong thread my bad
Ok, maybe a pointer:
  • "Kakyoin being a dork with no table manners" tag = the Anime thread.
  • "Kenshiro crackling his knucks" = the manga thread.
Hopefully that helps down the road. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

David D. Davidson posted:

What if our mission tomorrow is to stab or trick each other into drinking piss?
Only if it's really really funny. No spoilers, though! :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to borrow dogsicle's OP from the Slime anime thread, just with a few minor alterations. Hopefully no one minds too much.

dogsicle posted:

:siren:Spoiler Policy:siren:
Don't post untagged manga spoilers, and preferably just don't post that stuff at all until it comes up in the show. Anything in the current episode is a-ok to be untagged, even if you're coming here fresh off viewing it. The airtime is provided below so assume any posts after that point could have spoilers/"spoilers" for the new episode.

Don't want to stifle conversation/discussion, especially with such a well-done anime adaptation overall so far, but this has come as a point of contention for a lot of goons who are anime-only watchers. If you wish to discuss stuff that hasn't happened yet, the manga thread has got you covered. I know the majority of goons just dig Araki's opus too much, which is cool, but please. Do it for your fellow goons. ;)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It was a thing of (goofy) beauty, wasn't it? :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

always post the original source that i think was posted in the manga thread? that or it's crossed my timeline a lot today
https://twitter.com/hajnarus/status/1097259120112140288
I love this because it seems entirely in character for everyone involved. :kimchi:

Also please stop posting about Digibro.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, wasn't DIO still deathly wary of Joseph's ripple? Wouldn't that mean that, for all the strength he acquired as a stand user (and how insanely powerful The World was), DIO still had to be mindful of his vampiric shortcomings besides sunlight?

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 20, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JDRockefeller posted:

DIO was still wary of ripple, and with all his stand power, he was still a regular rear end vampire that was probably less powerful in terms of regeneration than his peak in Phantom Blood since he was still adjusting to Jonathan's body. With ripple being able to travel through stands, The World pulls its punches when its about to hit Joseph since he covered himself with Hermit Purple pulsing ripple through it. DIO then opts for just kicking an entire chimney into Joseph.

I imagine there is also certain power output to the vampire powers as well. Straights mentions it took a lot out of him to pull himself together after being blown to bits. Can maybe think of it like fighting game super meter. Are you gonna spend meter on charging the eyeball lasers that a stand would probably block anyway? Or go for the time stop super?

Finally, I would imagine that had DIO won and beaten the Joestars, he'd just continue where he left off when Jonathan stopped him. He'd continue to gain power as a vampire, which would then continue to fuel his stand's power. He even thinks to himself that eventually he'd be able to stop time for as long as he pleases. On top of that, we know that Kars was able to experiment and evolve himself, so maybe DIO would start doing that again too, reaching Pillar man status and beyond.

Daxing Dan posted:

DIO didn't use Space Ripper Stingy Eyes because Jotaro, Polnareff, and Joseph have already demonstrated that they can react to and deflect projectiles with the size and speed of a bullet. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes would have given him no tactical advantage and it wouldn't have made the fight more interesting either, but if anyone really wants to have a pointless scene where Dio shoots Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and Jotaro deflects it effortlessly, there's something like that in the Drama CD version.
Yeah, these two make the most sense. Dio realizes that if he fought :airquote:in Joseph's terms:airquote:, he was heading for the crapper, so he took that away from the old guy.

And hell, Joseph did the counter to the Space Ripper Stingy Eyes with way less training under his belt back in part 2 when he went against Straits. Part of what made Joseph such a fun character is that, when it was his turn to fight, he was all about the bullshitting, kind of like a Heel/Rudo in wrestling. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. :stare:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Edit: We haven't actually seen the bosses full body yet so I'm taking this down.
Y'know what? Since you at least had the decency to take it down quickly, I'm letting it slide this one time.

Next goon who decides to perform a Knoxvillian feat of posting spoilers in the anime thread will not be so lucky.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah it's a loving gut punch
M-mods?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully it's the Blu-Ray version. Though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If he has learned anything, Araki should just reply "Ufu".

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Desperado Bones posted:

I wonder if that means there's a chance for a dub in Spanish (latino)? I want my co-workers to enjoy the beauty of JoJo but they refuse to watch anything with subtitles.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Spanish JoJo is something I never knew I wanted.
¡Chingonometrico! :woop:

For real, it'd be loving rad to have JoJo in LatAm Spanish.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This week there's GioGio. It's next week that's the break, AFAIK.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dragonwagon posted:

Japanese work culture in general sounds like hell.
This.

Slight derail, but as somebody who worked in Japan in a non "soul-destroying" job, the toxicity of their work culture still permeates a lot of other industries where you'd think it'd be absent from. A lot of the musicians I worked with had it too, which for me is rock-gently caress insane. Like sure, I've worked insane hours in making a record happen, but generally, most sessions are between 6 to 8 hours a day. That seem to throw some of the guys I worked with for a loop, but it's like:
  1. If you're rested, you tend to play better.
  2. If you play better, recording sessions will go over in a smoother fashion more often than not.
  3. The sooner we finish, the better you can beg off the studio to do literally anything else.
Sometimes I wish more "Making of" documentaries for albums would show that, far from the "shiny happy / fun-loving people" or "apocalypse-now-lite" experiences, 99.99% of recording sessions are incredibly dull affairs to witness/put on tape.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bruno is a loving badass and at first, I was saddened knowing that Noriaki Sugiyama wouldn't be voicing him for the anime like he did for the CC2 games, but drat has Yuuichi Nakamura being an absolutely amazing choice for the anime. Well, in general every VA choice has been fairly great, though I don't think anything beats Okamoto as Ghiaccio so far.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Joestar posted:

araki likes to play around with what we expect as he goes further into the series. even josuke himself was a turn from jotaro in that he had wildly visible mood swings and his stand's 'main' purpose was to heal people
To be fair, Josuke's mood swings are probably from being nurtured by the very silly Higashikatas he has for a mom and grampa.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

esselfortium posted:

Even if we're dead, we want to make our dreams come true
No, even if we're dead, we will make them come true!
Is that despair? Or is it hope?
We'll overcome a harsh fate, and even if we don't have a pulse, we'll press on!
Zipper Man Saga
I just love the fact that in a season that had motherfucking JoJo, a (initially) silly show about idols took the gold for best Opening. :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bruno is the Captain of his Squad. That's all he needs. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Bruno is just keeping himself alive out of sheer willpower and his unparalleled Resolve.
Such a cheesy line, but that whole "Are you prepared? Because I AM" on the train against Prosciutto and Pesci was off the hook. :frogc00l:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crazy Diamond is only BS because Josuke needs to concentrate so that CD works properly, but otherwise I think it feels fairly consistent: If he punches the everloving poo poo out of something, he can alter/heal it. Plus, he cannot heal/modify himself, so that's clearly a deterrent. I loved the Highway Stay Chase/Fight because at the end of the day, he needs to learn how to work with however much or little intel he has and we see Touhou JoJo take some crazy (heh) decisions and deal with the fact that he doesn't know Morioh all that well, either.

Doesn't really matter, though: Gimme some madness, Araki/David Pro; I'll eat it up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

It’s still fun to watch but it isn’t nearly as satisfying as, say, Josuke using Crazy Diamond to bust up his motorbike, sending himself and the debris flying over the head of a woman pushing a stroller, and then fixing the bike and landing back on top of it safely
Also aiding a baby in taking a chill pill! :eng101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
ARAKI KNEW :stare:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kawabata posted:

One month? One month is pretty crazy.
It honestly depends on the studio and the project; can't remember where I posted it (probably a previous iteration of the chat thread?), but during work for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, during more than one occasion I had to basically race against the clock to fix audio issues because, while for the most part work went fine and had at least a week's worth time to look for any audio issues to clear up, getting a "PLEASE START WORKING ON THE EPISODE NOW" text message because they literally had to deliver the episode in a few days and I got it late, and yay for CST and JST time zone differences and all that! :shepicide:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hunter x Hunter, I guess? I think the anime is finally completely available on Netflix and it's been in Crunchyroll for now 4 years. Togashi (who also authored Level E and Yu Yu Hakusho) is pretty good about making his fights interesting, plus the power system in it also tends to have some fairly grounded (at least in comparison to most shounen, anyway) mechanics, so it can get really fun as well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RubberLuffy posted:

If one of the things you like about JoJo is completely absurd explanations for things that can be somewhat mundane, check out Grappler Baki.

Baki is a series where you can accomplish anything if you use your muscles and then explain how your muscles allowed you to do what you did.
How could I forget Baki? Pure, undistorted fightman insanity.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

my buddy Superfly posted:

I always thought Bucciarati looked like a cat so I drew a Bucciarati cat.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1104859410348810243
This is great! :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
YuYu Hakusho is great and it does a lot to endear you to the blokes across the arcs, but man that last arc is still kinda lackluster.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:raise:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Automatic Stand battles can be really hit or miss in general. There's no antagonist character for anyone to bounce off so the cast are basically just trying to solve a curse most of the time, which can be fun but isn't really a substitute for a strong personality like Proscuttio or Ghiaccio.
:yeah:

Man, casting Accelerator/Mikorin as Ghiaccio was a loving :master: of casting. Like, Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Prosciutto was great and he totally fit well with Prosciutto's whole "absolutely ruthless professional killer" aura, but Okamoto was like they took an already manic guitar riff and absolutely covered it with Fuzz effects.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Diavolo one is totally my jam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

missed opportunity not having the watch that was ugly but not as ugly as Kira's face
I love that whole scene because it goes from :ohdear: "Dude, you're worse off than a Saint Seiya character, stop trying to be witty!" to :stwoon: "He did it. That broody motherfucker did it"