Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s so close I can almost taste it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the stand that murders you if anyone looks at your back

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It is the eve of friday

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tomorrow we will get to witness Cruel Angel’s Bloody Stream 2 in all it’s glory

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Instead of commenting on the amazing OP and ED, I'd instead like to point out how loving clean the melee between Giorno and Bruno was. That orange/green palette shift was *kisses fingers* magnifico

Augus fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 13, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Man but Giorno's stupid empathy and mercy deprived us of properly hearing the climax of his theme song :argh:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So much media is plagued with being self-conscious about people thinking it’s gay and afraid to show things like male intimacy as a result so it’s great that JoJo just doesn’t give a crap whether it comes across as homoerotic or not

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m not a copyright lawyer but copyright laws are pretty vague and extremely favorable to people who make claims and it’s a minefield that it’s best to steer clear from as much as possible

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fighting Gold is extremely good and very fitting

JoJo reinvents itself with every part. People were saying Crazy Noisy Bizzare Town didn’t “sound like JoJo” at first too.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

y’all are hilariously bad at discussing the anime in the anime thread

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The lighter owns, my gf who doesn't care for JoJo was really into how Giorno would handle that.

Also, I wonder how disappointed DIO is that his son dares drink that travesty called Sprite.

I guess Giorno got his beverage preferences from his other dad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gotta love that palette shift at the end of this episode.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I had forgotten how this went, so I was wondering what kind of lax body check doesn't inspect the hands. And then she did.

I don't remember everyone aiming their guns at Giorno in the manga, though.

pretty sure that did happen in the manga

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah the atmosphere inside the prison was on-point

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tweet my meat posted:

I think the bed thing is a stand ability

Behold the power of DREAM THEATER!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That was so drat good.
Giorno's theme loving rules

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that in the manga the janitor was Mario and in the anime he is Luigi

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can’t believe people were worried this part would have less inspired visual direction just because the sky was blue

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Imagine if when Jotaro punched a dude, instead of going “ORA ORA ORA” he said “You’re done for!” or something like that.

Part 5’s old translation did the equivalent of that

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 27, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meat Beat Agent posted:

This ep kicked rear end but all the long, slightly distant shots of everyone on screen completely lacking a face was a little distracting

DavidPro never changes.

it’s a small price to pay for those gorgeous action cuts

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fighting gold is loving excellent I dunno what some of ya'll are smoking

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

Cheap Trick reflects damage to the user. When it initially latched on to Rohan, he tried to use Heaven's Door on it to get rid of it and was affected by Heaven's Door himself. Cheap Trick then mocked him, saying that it was his Stand now, and anything Rohan did to it would be reflected back on him.

Cheap Trick didn’t reflect damage onto Rohan, it was literally latched onto his back and the only way it would come off is if the rest of his back came off with it.

Thumbtacks posted:

i love that every punchtime music sounds similar but different, it's a nice touch

The choir in Giorno’s theme is loving glorious

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

but star finger

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hosed up that Mista’s least favorite part is Diamond is Unbreakable

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The sound design in this series is so loving good
Also: everything else

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Six Shooter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goddamn David went loving above and beyond with that dance. We’re not worthy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DIO is very blatantly floating in mid-air when he does his knife trick but maybe The World stops gravity too :shrug:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why are people still hung up on the fact that the guy who josuke modeled his look after looks like Josuke
if I cut my hair like Chris Hemsworth it doesn’t make Chris Hemsworth actually me from the future
the mysterious helper being anything but a total stranger would defeat the point of the story

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 26, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Apparently it was originally supposed to have something to do with Another One Bites the Dust which is why the savior is bloodied and beaten up

this is a fan theory

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always thought it was a hint it was him because he immediately saw the kid Josuke in the back and was like "hes sick, right?" as the moment it clicked that he was saving himself.

what no he just saw a kid who looked sick and asked if that kid is sick and decided to help out the sick kid :psyduck:

like speculation is fine but this is just actively ignoring everything surrounding the scene that’s telling you what the point of this scene is

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 26, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's totally not the point dude, jesus. No one is accusing Araki of cheating anyone. It's just fun looking at a story that was told sequentially for years as one coherent story and seeing where friction occurs.

It's just more dramatic in jojo because jojo is already really weird.

No one is accusing Araki of scamming people because things sometimes feel weird and unresolved

but the “friction” in this case is “a plot point amounting to exactly as much as is stated up front and not being a bonkers twist that alters the meaning entirely to one that doesn’t make sense”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A six foot eight Japanese kid who has the same physique and face as Josuke standing in the middle of a snow storm looking completely beat up and not dressed for walking in a snow storm suddenly knowing a car has a sick kid and helping them and then never being seen by anyone ever again are also details surrounding the scene.

Like, if the house interpetation is that he was just a random dude, ok. But it's a little lovely and gate keeping to act like the interpretation is so obvious when there is clearly a lot making the scene ambiguous.

But the context is that this is the person that Josuke based his look on. Of course the guy looks like Josuke! You were already told in no uncertain terms why he looks like Josuke!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there are plenty of oddities, inconsistencies, and clear shifts in direction that are present early on in every JoJo part but “Josuke looking a lot like the dude he said he based his own look off of and devoted his life to being like” isn’t one of them. that’s literal nonsense.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

maybe josuke was actually saved by ness from earthbound

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Araki was just physically incapable at the time from drawing a pompadour-wearing delinquent and not having him turn out looking exactly like Josuke.

look forward to my video essay about how every character in Part 1 and 2 looking exactly like Jonathan Joestar is actually because of time travel

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hirohiko Araki posted:

I admire him so much except for the fact he kills.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s just a visual shorthand to make sure you always remember that damage to a stand affects the owner

also it looks cool :shrug:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pomplamoose posted:

Would D'arby the Gambler be a good episode to show someone who has never watched the series? Even though the stands are mostly ancillary to the action I think it's one of the purest distillations of Jojo's story dynamics.

I can say from first-hand experience: Yes it is

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the best episode to start from is the one where there is a stand which is an electrical outlet that makes you buttfuck your friend

the best episode to start from is the one where a blonde English boy jumps out of a carriage and then glares smugly at the screen with a choir sting and Japanese characters framing his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t think anyone actually said that