Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hey jojo thread, just caught up on the anime last night and it owns. I've been kinda following the thread while we watched part 5, but I had to erase some time and skip past it to post this

Glagha posted:

I want an edit of the piss scene but when it does the "cut to inner monologue while character explains what he did with his stand power" he just says. "I drank the piss. I love drinking piss."
here you go

e: reuploaded a shorter to-the-point version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysjnU6Jjovs

also:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
booty kira saw the Venus of Willendorf on a field trip

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
rear end kira's dad reading him James Joyce letters as he falls asleep

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tunicate posted:

So basically Space Station 13
reported for manga spoilers

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tbp posted:

i think the episode where Bites the Dust is introduced is the best single episode of the series

That one, and the one right before it imo are the two best by far.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hail Santo Bruno, full of grace

Headphone warning, especially around the midway point on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4f-Y72Rf8

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
for Halloween we dressed up our kid as Shizuka Joestar

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just finished reading part 6 and what the fuuuuuuuuuuck

Is there any date for the anime? I thought i read April 2020 somewhere but i can't find that info now which leads me to doubt we'd be that lucky

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the forums are being hit by Requiem again

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the forums are being hit by Requiem again

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hey so I've been wondering, I noticed several posters' usernames/avs are straight up jojo characters, is this something y'all coordinated on, or is it coincidence/something several posters decided to do independently/the work of an enemy stand?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

There are a number of characters in Jojo who eat poo poo and look incompetent, but Dire is truly in a league of his own.

I don't know what you're talking about, it's the most powerful move in jojo. It's the perfect blend of offense and defense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZByqRIeXk

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

but really though i think we mostly did it independently and in my case i had no attachment to my old name since it was some randomly generated thing and i had gotten done reading part 7 recently so i thought 'gently caress it'
lol, nice

Expect My Mom posted:

"trans symbols" on his hat (it was a venus symbol pin iirc)
I was curious about this too when I saw it in the anime, so I went and looked up some info. Far as I can tell there are some who choose to interpret the symbols on his hat as a nonbinary (specifically androgyne) symbol:

The androgyne symbol:

I've also read somewhere that it was intended to be anchors. Personally I think the symbols are intended to be aquatic in nature considering the other symbolism on his outfit, but I also really like the nonbinary interpretations of Jotaro I've seen floating around out there so "nonbinary Jotaro" is the headcanon I've accepted.

Also, Araki seems to be well known for being all "oh gee I hadn't noticed" with the homoeroticism bursting from every seam of his series, so I'm taking the "it's just an anchor really" with a grain of salt.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I never noticed any change in art style :confused:

E: that's a great point about the Prince symbol. Imo that probably leans closer to some kind of identity thing more than simply anchors

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 6, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Steely dan is still my favorite ora ora by far

15 full seconds of ora ora to the face!
uppercut!
ora ora the legs a bit!
uppercut!
and a thorough ora ora all over!

e: I think I actually like the Steely Dan finish more than the 7 page muda, because you can tell jotaro's really relishing every bit of the beatdown

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CJ posted:

The dumbest anti-gay JoJo thing is people who say it's so gay it wraps round to being straight again. Kind of a weird justification for why it's ok to watch the punch ghost show.

those are the kind of people that make str8-4-masc grindr profiles

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Why do you think they're called passione

Their motto is probably "we gently caress"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

dancingbears posted:

when i tell my dog i love him it's not because we gently caress

Do you dress your dog in a gimp suit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Morally Inept rereg spotted

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've had the part 2 dub playing in the background tonight and

1. Holy poo poo, this was Joseph's theme? This is radioactive garbage even before comparing it to every other jojo's themes, which were excellent. I can't believe my loving ears. Joseph got loving robbed

2. I do not love Joseph's dub voice (it'd be 100x better if the va just used his normal accent), and stroheim is hilarious, he sounds like a drunk friend doing their best Ahnuld impression

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 7, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It's too normal of a fetish for goons to know about. When we get to the inflation otherkin villain in part 10 there will be no doubts.
I'm stoked for the swap.avi villain.

With the power of my Stand, 『BUTTHOLE SURFERS』!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the copyright free adventures series is so much better than I expected lol, I guess it'll have to do until part 6 is animated

also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj_bUI1qKdQ

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Click this instead then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GuzqUKpOk

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I had no idea about any of that, that's loving hilarious

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

it's everything I'd hoped it would be

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

haha I remember the original, I see it got hit with requiem

and yeah giorno's theme slaps hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmoIHY7Z-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-51tPRqCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NOH2dEv_s

and last but not least, the canon part 5 epilogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlRHwMdP4Y

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

haha, that video loving owns

Anyone have any objections if I drop jojo memes here every now and then? Sometimes I find really good ones that are too inside for the PYF memes thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

it me

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 21, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh yeah, I missed that, moved it to the manga thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My stand ability is to rearrange the order of words in a sentence

My bad

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
e: instead of the meemees that were here previously, have these:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 30, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

What was Epitaph again?

epitaph was the smaller angry face + specific ability to see 10 seconds into the future. And yeah that's exactly where I thought it was going too.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Recently saw someone ask if you could disable Epitaph by giving Doppio or Diavolo a haircut

I like the idea so I've accepted it as canon

Unrelated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YF2YhwnlUU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

overmind2000 posted:

I wonder if Epitaph can project the future on any object as long as it's sufficiently long and on the user's head. Jotaro's hat with the brim pulled down would be perfect in that case.
I'm sure it'd have ended up being something like this, or potentially even just "any surface within a few centimeters of the user's face" like a projector or something

unrelated

e: yoooooooooooooooooooooo :o:

e2: lol drat I'm the last post, guess I'll throw these on the end here

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 10, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Depends. If he started AND stopped screaming during the time skip, the sound waves could pass by the group unnoticed.

I think you only continue what you were doing/intended to do right before the time skip, IIRC there's no evidence that anyone acts/reacts to things like normal during the skipped time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Glagha posted:

By that logic then people being attacked by King Crimson wouldn't be surprised because they would react to him approaching. I think you just continue whatever you happened to be doing and aren't aware of anything that transpired during the erased time.

I was probably unclear, this is exactly what I mean

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
And araki was 18 when he started iirc

e: Merry Christmas from Joseph Joestar!

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 16, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Well Manicured Man posted:

Those are bara tiddies.

I had to google this and I'm so glad to have a new term in my vocab

yep bara tiddies:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Same. I was kinda bored by part 1 the first time around, but I've rewatched it a couple times since and it's hella grown on me. I love the operatic drama, Speedwagon acting as the ringside fight announcer, just everything about it is great.

Plus it sets certain expectations that Joseph kicks the door down on when part 2 starts, which is also great