Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just ran into a big fat error with Backblaze that is making me want to find an alternative cloud solution, or forget about it entirely and go homebrew with a NAS or something.

Like hell I'm reuploading everything just for a bug from over 4 years ago to bite me in the rear end again. For the record, the owner said BB should be able to handle a 20GB log file - mine was 1GB when I got this error, despite it running in 64-bit.

That plus their IPO listing does not fill be with confidence that they'll be around, or that my data won't get sold off to some other company at some point.

Backblaze posted:

Risks Related to Our Business and Our Industry:

We have a history of cumulative losses, and we do not expect to be profitable for the foreseeable future. We incurred net losses of $1.0 million and $6.6 million for the years ended December 31, 2019 and 2020. Over our 14 years of operations, we had an accumulated deficit of $20.7 million as of June 30, 2021. We cannot guarantee that we will continue operating our business similar to past performance. We intend to continue scaling our business to increase our customer base and to meet the increasingly complex needs of our customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU