Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

K8.0 posted:

Is there a consumer service that does cloud backup + sync + versioning that doesn't completely suck? It seems like there is no such thing, which is insane to me.

I'm at my wits end with code42. They've been gradually clawing back features for years and I just discovered that it's been silently failing for the past who knows how long because you have to manually janitor the memory settings or it will just silently crash and restart in an infinite loop. I'm not afraid of using power user software and renting out my own cloud space as long as I know that's what it will take up front. I'd prefer a consumer service but if the thread recommendation is duplicati & backblaze then I guess I'm gonna go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Update: Duplicati with Backblaze has been working pretty well so far. It's nice to have daily backups complete quickly for once. Also I didn't expect this but as a nice bonus knowing that I control the backend storage is giving me some nice peace of mind

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lolling at the classic ‘we’ll make it up with volume’. that’s always always a bad sign. oh well. all my stuff is encrypted and if they jack up prices i’ll just go somewhere else.