Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lFx4wfc8Tc

This actually looks really good, god drat.

The troops carrying handheld energy shields in the desert is really, really bugging me because I'm an insufferable pedant a lore purist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Also shields in the books are generally projected from a belt to cover the whole body (or half the body which was an older style), not handheld like...actual shields.
But yeah it was specifically the fact that the frequency of a shield in operation calls sandworms.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

From memory, spice is the poop of the larval form of sandworms mixed with water underground forming a chemical mixture that then erupts up to the surface of the desert (This kills the crab planetologist) and dries out into spice.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I am really bad at strategy games and RTS games, but I picked up Dune Spice Wars on sale and I'm really enjoying it.

I gave it a try almost at random because it was on Game Pass and I’m surprised at how much I’ve been enjoying it. The almost boardgame-esque way territory is controlled and built out coupled with the politics/espionage systems and alternate victory conditions means it’s really scratching a 4X itch for me, but in a game goes for like 60-120 minutes rather than loving forever.