Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I, too, really loved Empire Earth when it came out. The only thing that really irks me now about it is how blatantly the AI cheats. It literally doesn't have to collect resources at all, they're fed to it at a regular rate. I discovered this one map when I tried to "starve" an AI by killing all of its citizens collecting resources. That kind of soured me on the game after that. The campaign missions are still fun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Luminous Cow posted:

Honestly setting is 60% of TW. If you're super into Rome era and just don't really care about Japan that Shogun won't do anything for you. I've been told napoleon is fantastic but I just hate lining up gun lines. Kind of ironic that I played Dwarfs so much in Warhammer :v:

Empire is still one of my favorite Total Wars for exactly that reason.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Hivers are my favorite. I love being able to just loving drop an entire fleet out of nowhere on any system at any time with teleport gates. Gives a lot of strategic flexibility.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

I'm finally getting around to 40k: Mechanicus, and other than it being a cover-less XCOM, I am absolutely THRILLED with the music and sound design.

It is a very stylish smooth game. It feels great chaining kills with bonus move points. And the story is actually very good and funny. Good XCOM-like.