Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

Maybe someone here can recommend me some asymmetric warfare strategy games. Games about running an insurgency or counter-insurgency, a guerrilla campaign, that kind of thing.

Is Jagged Alliance 2 or Silent Storm too obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm always on the lookout for hard(ish) sci-fi games. I'm currently looking at Celestial Command which has been in early access for 4 years but gets almost weekly updates from very talkative devs. I've also played some Children of a Dead Earth which is Kerbal: Space Skirmish but doesn't have much going for it outside of its linear missions.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dawn of War 2 really clicked with me, it was basically 40K Diablo but a bit more strategic with an importance on terrain so yes please. The trick to the game is always be using your powers, there should never be a moment when something isn't on cool down.

I think assault marines may be the coolest RTS unit, or at least they have the most fun RTS power where you just drop in and watch bodies fly.