Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Im definitely waiting for the tim stone stamp of approval

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Order of Battle and its DLC, and i was wondering if anyone could recommend me similar dope experiences with two conditions
1.) I notice a lot of this type of game seems to be, unfortunately, Nazi Fantasy Simulators (looking at you Panzer Corps series, literally "choose the nazi officer portrait for you!!!"), so im hoping this is a game that at least ALSO lets me campaign as the uhh....non fascists.
2.) Graphically im hoping for whatever you call the Order of Battle standard
I can gently caress with games like this:

but not so much the games where you're ancient panzer general graphics or worse just like splotches/flags on a hex map. Unfortunately that has also steered me away from a lot of Paradox, though i do love ck2 and that one napoleonic wars game they made a couple years ago.

It doesnt necessarily have to be ww2 but im usually more down with historical stuff than warhammer or endless legend type fictional settings. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Unity of Command 2 Unity of Command 2

Unity of Command 2!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

anyone have thoughts on the campaigns in red alert 3? im grabbin tiberium wars but i never played the former

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Murgos posted:

Unless there is some kind of breakthrough/envelopment/maneuver mechanic then that does sound really tedious.

Concentrating and maneuvering to force a defender out of position is a compelling aspect of modern war but I’ve never seen an AI that can respect and react to it.

as noted above; play Unity of Command II, it's a g'dang masterpiece

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Deakul posted:

Aw, I was holding out a vague hope that it'd be the Pacific War but the Mediterranean is cool too.

sino-japanese war/pac would have been rad but im definitely just thanking my lucky stars to get italy and africa instead of normandy and ostfront for the billionth time

e; looks like the pre-alpha is up for dl

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 13, 2021

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Was hoping iron harvest would improve with patching but that doesn't seem to b the case alas

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Zero K Zero K Zero K

It owns

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Old World owns and fits the bill, but you might wish to hold out for the Steam release

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Love Stole the Day posted:

edit: Also, Iron Harvest >>> Deserts of Kharak.

wtf... insanely twisted

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

hannibal posted:

I haven't looked at this yet but I highly enjoyed Deserts of Kharak when it came out.

I just finished a replay of Homeworld: Cataclysm (now called Emergence), still a pretty good game.

how the gently caress can you copyright 'cataclysm,' what a bunch of bullshit

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

anyway in strategy game news, I've been playing a bunch of Zero-K, and would heartily recommend. And it's cheap as free!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Trolling Thunder posted:

free sounds pretty good. this is the second time someone has said good things about zero-k recently (maybe you?). is it strictly multi or is there a single-player mode?

they just added a full campaign that's supposed to introduce you to the units n whatnot, yeah. mostly I get stoned and play skirmish

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Murgos posted:

Anyone play Regiments? I watched Vulcan do a play though and it looked like maybe it was a slightly better single player experience than Warno?

i really enjoyed the recent operations/skirmish mode demo. i'd say it feels a little less micro heavy and a little more tactical than warno. good flavor too

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mordja posted:

Another new RTS, this one from Petroglyph. It's a WW1 game, I think with turn-based/grand strategy elements?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqeVmwUaKRE

saved terrain deformation is p cool

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

regiments has some great theming/'fluff'

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

desert pf kharaks story seemed perfectly fine for a homeworld rts idk

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

that does sound like Regiments imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

if anyone gets around to Godsworn I would love some first impressions. The pitch is great but "two person indie RTS" is kind of a hard sell