Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I really want to do the mental omega campains, but my unrelenting shitiness at Westwood RTSes keeps me from enjoying them. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jossar posted:

Sid Meier's Gettysburg Mega post

There's a couple of games that are clones of this one set during Waterloo and Austerlitz.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

A new 2D RTS thing in the style of Warcraft 2 and 3 just came out on Steam, made in Unity. It has a free demo. I played it and thought it was pretty decent. Their campaign is fully voice acted and has cutscenes and whatnot. Surpassed my expectations, at least.

Here's the link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/946660/Loria/

I think that the environment art is bad, but apart from that it's okay imo. I recommend at least playing the first couple of campaign missions in the Demo. The download for it is on the right in the sidebar.

"Hey, how do we counter a orge thats 10 feet tall and solid muscle?"

"Dude on a horse."

"gently caress, I'm going back to warhammer, at least they have guns there."

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Look up the Expanding Fronts Mod for Galactic Battleground. It's pretty good.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I'd be up for some co-op AOE2DE.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:woop: Lets get wrecked! :woop:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Well, that honestly went better then I thought it would.

Sorry I left you out to dry Josser. :negative:

Should massed Konicks faster.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I wish more RTS games were just Starcraft 2's co-op mood, but it feels like most people don't want anything to do with blizzard these days.

Man, remember when blizzard was a great game studio. I remember when blizzard was a great game studio. :smith:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I remember seeing Halbs and archers as a standard "pro" build, but I only watched a few AOE2DE replays.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I managed a stalemate on Hard. Go me :toot:

Survived to the trash phase as Italians then started wearing them down with a million skims.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

That might be enough to get me to buy it. I played a lot of AoE2 when I was younger.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and it's kind of annoying having to memorise where all the hotkeys are. The last strategy game I played a lot of before that was Starcraft II which has this kind of hotkey layout and it's soooo much easier. I get that SWGB and vanilla AoE2 are twenty years old at this point, but man that was an obvious thing to put in in hindsight.

Try expanding fronts for SWGB.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Been getting into TA style games lately.

Its a lot of fun! And about the only RTS game where the navy layer is fun and has depth to it, instead of being a pointless sideshow.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I tried Zero-K on steam.

I wanted to like it, but it tries too hard to be a competitive mirco fest within a TA style framework and it really, REALLY fucks with the entire game's theme.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Nexuslikes all over the place suddenly.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Bumrushing an IS-3 with a random squad of Panzergrenadiers and then blowing it completely up (the turret became a rocket)was probably the most fun I've ever had as Germany in a WWII game.

I think I lost on that trade though, as I'm pretty sure the grenadiers cost the super special elite resource, and I'm not sure if the tank did.

Oh, and it doesn't enforce that weird limit where allies can only fight axis and vice versa. The Americans vs. Russians match up is a lot of fun!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Its not finished, and its classic Russian mod jank and it looks not particularly fun to play yet.

But- it has a finished Baneblade. :killdozer:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Bloodly posted:

"classic Russian mod jank"

You wanna explain to the class, who have no experience with such?

I mean, Slavjank isn't something you explain, its something you experience.

The unit animations can be werid (space marines hunching over and holding their weapons one handed), some of the units don't fit well within the engine (sentinels).

Those are the two big ones I know of.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I don't trust the tagline "built for competitive play" anymore, honestly.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I kinda expected a "gently caress off, nerd" for my competitive comment, but I'm glad I'm not alone in my feelings.

I'm just so, so very tired of every RTS trying to become the next great E-sport and make it big, only to crash and flame out in a spectacular fashion. :smith:

I feel like Zero-K would be a perfect example of this, you know, if it cost anything.

Still feels dumb to try and combine Supreme commander and Starcraft in one game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I mean, I would look into Age of the Ring but ModDB seems to be utterly hosed right now.