Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

op please merge moba and rts games under the same header tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

pharaoh is the best of the bunch imo. it has roadblocks, btw.

zeus has the distinction of having the most horribly garish ui i've ever seen in a game. no small feat.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

double nine posted:

On the topic of Total Annihilation, I feel it needs to be mentioned that it had a soundtrack which can be summed up as 'Jeremy Soule at his most bombastic self' and it was baller when combined with massive battleships throwing plasma slugs across the map, or simply have a large convoy of mobile missile launchers firing simultaneously.

the TA soundtrack always reminds me of the WC2 one. i suppose neither is afraid of strutting its stuff

that's not to say they're the same though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_f8UFv_Ytc

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

netstorm is when you play tetris, tower defence, and capture the flag at the same time

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I've been eyeing Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden...anyone recommend it?

i played it a bit and it seemed competent but i also didn't care enough for it to actually play a second session of the game. if you like new xcom you won't hate it.

the game also doesn't come with swedish language support, not even text-only, which i find to border on offensive

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

And yeah, the developers are swedish, not having the language option is pretty weird.

the developers, and the old RPG it's based on

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the "we added two spikes so TECHNICALLY it doesn't infringe on copyright" artstyle

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

^^ dude just the table of contents is tl;dr

shamelessly copying an old game, presumably poorly, isn't going to impress anyone. i've already played that game. i'm done with it. show me something new.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

how could anyone be excited for a relic game after the vile poo poo that was coh2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's much, much closer to V than VI was, and comes out quite well for it.