Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I'll do an effortpost for supreme commander if people are interested. That game still has a special place in my heart and no other game has replicated the sheer insane scale and style of that game.

I'd be interested! :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jossar posted:

Unfortunately, the main problem with Sid Meier's Gettysburg is precisely that. The rights are still in flux and so there is no reliable way to acquire the game apart from abandonware (so if I left something out, it's probably because i'm forgetting things about the game from not having played it for so long). We can only hope that Firaxis finds a way to bring the game back before their (and SMG's) 25th anniversary.

After listening to a ton of Three Moves Ahead, this is probably the biggest bummer from that podcast: they so obviously love this game and think it's a classic, and yet there's no legal way to own and play the drat thing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Myth 1 write-up? It's not grand strategy but it was one of my favorite games for a long while and I've always felt it was underappreciated.

I would be!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873008&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Here's a comprehensive LP of AI War that acts as a tutorial and guide for those who want to get into it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Meridian posted:

Just out of curiosity, and I know this probably isn't the place to ask, but would anyone be interested in a Dawn of War let's play? I've been wanting to do something to occupy my mind and you guys seem like you'd be the most interested.

Yeah, I'd be down for that. How are you planning to do it? Informative, narrative, etc...?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

AI War always looked like a clusterfuck to manage everything, how user friendly is their UI this time around?

Very! I couldn't grok the first one but in this one I did the tutorials and now I'm losing to the AI in an understandable way. (I overspent my metal)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Who'd be interested in a write-up on Heroes of Might and Magic? Admittedly, I've never played V, VI or VII, but the older ones are some of my favourite games of all time.

Me!!!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

So I really gotta get my hands on the third game in the series, huh... that sounds extremely cool.

Have you played the Eador games?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Panzeh posted:

The alternate history path in panzercorps 2 is kinda wild:

Why does Churchhill have a tank and not some kind of naval unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Unity of Command is a wargame classic and worth looking at, with the caveat that you have to play as either Soviets or Nazis. I'm not sure if Unity of Command 2 fixes this. At least UoC 1 is cheap on sale.