Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Old World is the first Civ like that got me to fully drop civ. Amazing game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cabal Ties posted:

Play Shogun Total War 2 it’s probably the best all round strategy game of our time and includes turn based 4x and real time

It’s not as large scale as other total wars at the start at least so it’s more manageable and feels a lot more strategic as a result.

And then when you feel that you're done with Shogun you can play Fall of the Samurai for a totally different experience on the same map.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Deakul posted:

I was looking more for general RTSes, yeah, looks like in AOE4's case Japan's in the DLC... but that's cool too I'll definitely pick it up next time I see it on sale!

AOE3 Japan is pretty fun. A whole different way of gathering resources because they cannot hunt, Daimyo who can act as mobile castles, and some interesting trade cards.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Why can't they hunt

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_meat_consumption_in_Japan

Trying to model the general ban and taboo on eating meat during the earlier period 3 covers.