Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Been playing a lot of StarCraft2 ladder since its free to play now. In my opinion it's the gold standard of the RTS genre, especially in terms of balance and responsiveness/tightness off the controls and how the game responds. I know it's not for everyone but I love how intense it is. I think more people should give it a shot and surprise themselves with how good you can get with a little practice. Always down to practice and learn

Also Age of Empires 2 is still amazing and the older it gets the more impressive it becomes that they got so much right that hasn't been seen again since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
StarCraft 2 has some pretty big balance changes rolling out soon. Great RTS that's free to play and updated constantly and is very fun to play. I promise that you will win 50% of your games if you play ladder, because the matchmaking system is top-notch and there are millions of people playing. Give it a shot if you haven't played in a while or never tried it out. It's one of the best RTS of all time.

Warcraft 3 was also pretty good, though imo the whole hero unit thing always felt a little tacked on to me as a way to differentiate itself, but they made it work I guess. I'll probably see some of you online when reforged launches.