Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I would like a HoMM where my success does not end at a single major battle loss. Does such a thing exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
TA is more sim, Warcraft/Starcraft are more straight game. I liked both a lot but for very different reasons. Multiplayer was definitely more fun in Warcraft/Starcraft.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Captain Beans posted:

If you like the setting/time period and it runs well enough on your PC, you'll like Rome 2. Go get it on Steam and try some skirmish battles in the 2 hours return window.

The Warhammer games are the best 'games' out of the series, just because they are pretty good about learning how to improve/add/remove and the more recent the game, the more the devs have learned. That said tons of people still play Medieval 2, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2 ect just because they want to play in that setting.

The magic and high degree of faction differentiation make Warhammer my favorite but I do miss the Risk-style map. Those damned agents...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
This is making me curious if there is a turn-based moba.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Would anyone be interested in a Myth 1 write-up? It's not grand strategy but it was one of my favorite games for a long while and I've always felt it was underappreciated.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Oh lord what happened to you Kane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It's the classic indie game problem. The scope was too big, the buzz and advertising was too little, and they ran out of money and motivation.