Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Mordja posted:

Company of Heroes 3 was announced, and even though the game won't be out for over a year, they're doing a three-week pre-alpha...if you can actually get on their site.
https://account.community.companyofheroes.com

The pre-alpha and the footage they showed is of the Italian campaign, and they also teased a North Africa one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrfhmDtGPrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCEdiYMs7Bw

CoH Bros....assemble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't see what would be compelling gameplay wise of assaulting fixed fortifications over and over again with a Pacific campaign.

USMC objective: Take the island
Japan objective: kill a lot of Marines and die without really moving from your position.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I still play a lot of CoH2, the community is active and patches are regular. They just re-worked a lot of the commanders.

CoH 2 PvP was rough at launch but is a pretty darn good game now.

CoH 1 still has a bit of a user base and you can find games reasonably quickly.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mordja posted:

Random question about COH2: Is 2v2 more balanced than larger games? When I was playing I only ever did 3v3 and 4v4 and while I'm not gonna claim I ever got better than average, my general experience was that the Axis factions had an easier time of just teching and steamrolling with their superior Nazi wunderwaffe. At the time, I figured things would be more even in 1v1s, where Allied mobility would have more of an effect than in the somewhat laney larger games, but is this also the case with 2v2 at all? Torn between reinstalling it and waiting for COH3.

The majority of balance is directed at 1v1, but 2v2 is not terrible. Axis still is tough late game but the Allies do have effective counters.

I only play team games with randos and it's fun. I love CoH.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

As somebody who still plays a poo poo ton of CoH2 I am excited for CoH3.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

What in the Fortnite is this garbage?

CoH3 more like DoW3

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

skaianDestiny posted:

Oh man this is hitting me in the nostalgia. I remember playing the demo of one of the Close Combat games with I think Russians vs Germans and it captivating me even though my like 8 year old self was absolute dogshit and barely knew what to do. I'll have to check this series out.

The sound design on the 1st one freaked me out back in the day. It was the first game I ever played that made an attempt to replicate the screams of soldiers getting hit.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The grenade/close assault mechanic was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sega sold Relic?

What's that mean for the future of CoH?