Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What other dead Sega franchise should be brought back?
Skies of Arcadia
Samba de Amigo
NiGHTS
Sakura Wars - wait, they actually are making a new one of those?
View Results

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Grenadiers rule so hard that they had to invent a new class of tank just to keep lancers relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol why does Siegval Part 3 even have that southwest starting position

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

and then Raz did something stupid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Raz is also cool in Chapter 7 but not nearly enough to make up for his Leeroy Jenkins rear end-grabbing ways

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Command was impressed with how you cheated Kai's training, they've sent a reward

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

scout leader in a nutshell:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jesus are you really expected to not just Cactus-rush past all of that total bullshit in Recovery of the Comet?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It does serve as a nice introduction to Walz. It perfectly sets the tone for all your encounters with him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I haven't managed it yet. Grenadiers with Elias mortars are still handy for their AP-draining intercept fire, or body kills if you've got the CP to spare.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

man I want to use all these other lancers and scouts but then that means I'm not using my boy Keigel or my girl Rosetta

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 8, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've only unlocked a couple of the squad stories but they're so good :allears:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Was I supposed to find a blue rose in this Chapter 13 mission? I didn't see one anywhere so I just charged up the main street shelling everything in my way. :gifttank:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

By the way, it is possible for grenadiers to get radiator killshots on tanks. That mission was the first time I managed it.

also they've made it pretty obvious what the Centurion's restricted area is really for :smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh, looks like a piece of DLC dropped today. It's called..."Squad E, To The Beach!"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol @ Minerva's bikini being locked behind an insane hell gauntlet

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Raz is still a jackass, but sometimes he's an awesome jackass.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is a promotion to Corporal the only way to see somebody's full bio?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Odin is loving amazing. GOD STRIKE

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 14, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Are Vyse, Aika and Fina back?

Not in the main game, but maybe they'll show up in the Squad 7 DLCs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is Azusa a Kickstarter backer character

she's like Odin but played completely straight

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Leal posted:

Is she the warrior from the east or the creepy otaku -dere bait character?

the first one

for the second you'll need to be more specific

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

I thought somebody posted somewhere how to unlock the various squad stories, but I'm not finding it in the last few pages. Anyone know where that was?

You need to have the right group of three soldiers on your roster, get far enough in the campaign, and promote one of the three to Corporal by spending 20 CP on them (or 40 CP in skirmishes). Here's the whole list of squad story groups, and the earliest you can unlock them:

Chapter 3: Godwin/Rosetta/Nico, Jester/Teresa/Connor, Fleuret/Rebecca/Mabel(requires 3 other squad stories completed), Curtis/Laurent/Eileen(requires Curtis to be KO'd and rescued once), Emmy/Viola/Simon(requires 5 medals)
Chapter 4: Stanley/Ferrier/Jean, Dan/Aulard
Chapter 5: Odin/Lily/Jimmy, Zaiga/Vancey/Gertrude(requires 1,000,000 DCT on hand)
Chapter 6: Millennia/Brittany/Rita
Chapter 8: Ronald/Ryan/Keigel, Aladdin/Leonhardt/Neige
Chapter 9: Hanna/Jascha/Aoife, Azusa/Scott/Norid

There are three others for characters you can only get after beating the game.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 15, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

Man, the mission in chapter 6 is a doozy and my first outright failure. It feels like I'd have to way overcommit resources to taking out Walz' tank, but if I don't take out at least his gatling gun he can run over everything even easier. The mortar support order makes putting too many defenders on a camp a bad idea, but it feels like that many are needed to deal with all the reinforcements. I am guessing I need to keep the Hafen in the mid field and maybe spawn a bunch of lancers on the top camp once part 2 starts since I guess Walz hits there first. Can a lancer in the tower up there hit his weak point? AT grenadiers seem unable to, though maybe I'm just unlucky on that.

Edit: Reading back, it appears the lancers in towers is indeed the thing to do.

I just used two AT grenadiers with Demolition Boost and an engineer to wear him down, since it seemed like nothing would deal serious damage to him. Killing the Vulcan will also stop the reinforcements so it's not overkill as long as you take him out quick.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 15, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Me, after 50 hours of play: oh hey Claude Wallace and Klaus Walz are pretty similar names aren't they

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

Post game spoilers There is some difference. You need the high level gear so that you can peel as many turrets from the supper tank as possible with the minimum amount of turn expenditure or else the apc will be shredded by just the anti infantry turrets. Also is their anyway to get back Raz as a usable unit or is he gone forever?

Once you've beaten the campaign, clear the hard skirmish "Beneath the Frost" and you should get an extra scene in Chapter 13. Then Raz will show up on the Cenotaph.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 15, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

Nah, I did the exact same thing i did first go with one modification immediately.

claude takes the lead and takes out the mortars with the cannon(the only difference) then him and Dan tag team their way across the map to get Dan over by riley's exit point and kill off the Lancers. run riley to the objective and then dump the grenadiers behind an ice rock. turn 2 buff up one of them and 1 hit the boss across the water.

:ssh: you don't even need to get Riley to the objective, you win the mission when the boss dies so you can just use your first phase to set up for the kill

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You just kind of have to hope that nobody gets killed. It's not great.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They definitely won't stop an ultimate tank from one-shotting the Cactus.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

All Units Defend is secretly the most broken order in VC1+4

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

now lookie here son THIS is how you kill a tank just watch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VC4 is a few bucks off on Steam this week, and the original is only $8 if you want to see how we suffered back in my day when tanks cost 2 CPs, uphill, in the snow, both ways.

Another piece of DLC is out too--A Captainless Squad.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 26, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

scouts are good for scouting, immersion ruined

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yeah, shooting that one doesn't do anything.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Edinburgh Ranger Corps, and I've been involved in Operation Cygnus, and I have four beneficial potentials. I am trained in direct commands and I'm the top sniper in the entire Federation armed forces.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Glory is good on maps like Chapters 13 and 14, where your objectives are fairly close or only accessible on foot but you've got an absolute shitload of tanks and sentry guns in the way.

The things I never found a use for were the alternate turrets.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 5, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lunethex posted:

The Ace Name is also The Blood Knight so that's pretty hardcore imho.

still no match for The God Of Battle

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Marie kind of does that...except she has the shells loaded into a tank gun, and then the tank gets loaded into a bigger gun.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Potentials like Cynic and Stage Fright will proc loving constantly because of how their triggers work, but in general it always seemed like negative potentials proc less as you level up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That ace tank is yet another enemy you can Hafen-snipe from the western hill.