Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

just did the first chapter but new troops are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, the story and characters are even worse than the first game but the gameplay maps have started getting much better in chapter 4, which is the last chapter I've done. Definitely feels like there's more talking and it's bad.

Seems like you get soldiers in a somewhat random order like VC1. I like using characters that have a bunch of negative traits since the game's not too hard but it's worth using a bunch of characters because I think doing so is what unlocks the sub-squad events, which are mini-chapters that have some story and a battle and end up unlocking/changing characters' potentials.

I like the girl in the helmet and the mom lancer.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Got back to playing this weekend and the the pre-order dlc missions were really good even though they recycled the maps. Having a predetermined team and no orders makes the tactical poo poo more interesting. On chapter 10 and so far the maps are lot better than the first game since the number of gimmick maps are way toned down and I hope it stays that way.

The new class is cool for both the player and enemy though they kind of make lancers even more useless than they already were.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I got all the medals and A ranked all the battles.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

favorite enemy ace

• Locked thread