Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What do you lose from paying them bonuses, or what do you gain from not paying them? Are you incentivized to not to pay them?

Wouldn't it be the best business decision to just say gently caress it and pay them 0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

DaveSauce posted:

Hiring people is expensive, and high turnover is bad for the company. Yes there's probably a number you can put to it, but it'll take a lot of time and effort to find that number. If you're not going to go through that time and effort, then it's probably in your best interest to put effort in to keeping people, rather than treating them as disposable commodities.

If you were owner/ceo/coo/director whatever of the company, fine, i totally get what you're saying, but speaking from a director of 3 people perspective, I don't really agree with your assessment of rehireability and all that. I just want to either save money or work within what the company is asking me to do.

Assuming I'm acting for only my career's best interst

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I literally have no understanding of what paradigm you're living