Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Nice find on the CD. I remember there being some text files, but I forgot what they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 28 - Surprise Attack

A castle is taken right from under our noses, and we finally catch up with Scar.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Dragon crests can easily be found in Crystal castle, park a couple of searchers there and every other week you should get something.

I hope the LP shows what's the deal with Magicka's ghost, I never figured out what the game wanted me to do there. As for Scar, his harpy troops are weak against Scythe's mages, so that's something to keep in mind if he ever fights her.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Storm One posted:

Dragon crests can easily be found in Crystal castle, park a couple of searchers there and every other week you should get something.

I hope the LP shows what's the deal with Magicka's ghost, I never figured out what the game wanted me to do there. As for Scar, his harpy troops are weak against Scythe's mages, so that's something to keep in mind if he ever fights her.

Cool I'll check Crystal next time I record if I don't already have someone there. As for the ghost I'm not sure there's much to it, but I'll try to trigger the event so everyone can see it.

As a side note, the next episode will be up Friday...I was hoping for tonight, but I've been having some computer crashes when I leave it on all day to upload from my slow home internet (most of my uploads are done elsewhere).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think that Nirutaba Gongos referred to was the elder adviser guy. He was doing a sort of aside to him.

Also yikes, the Guardians of the Galaxy have gone rogue! (or at least one of them)

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I think that Nirutaba Gongos referred to was the elder adviser guy. He was doing a sort of aside to him.

Also yikes, the Guardians of the Galaxy have gone rogue! (or at least one of them)

Just checked the manual since it lists all the advisors, and you're right. Totally forgot his name.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
So, forgive me for forgetting, but why exactly did we make a big giant detour to go and steal Scar in particular in the middle of fighting Junon?

Edit: Also, as I recall, we determined that Resurrect is perfectly capable of rezzing more people than you started within the middle of a battle, but will reset to the number of troops you started with if you have more than you started out with at battle's end.

Sordas Volantyr fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 28, 2018

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 29 - Preparing a Counterattack

We take some time to have Gongos and Vlad meet up in order to prepare for the fight with Ryskim.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Sordas Volantyr posted:

So, forgive me for forgetting, but why exactly did we make a big giant detour to go and steal Scar in particular in the middle of fighting Junon?

Edit: Also, as I recall, we determined that Resurrect is perfectly capable of rezzing more people than you started within the middle of a battle, but will reset to the number of troops you started with if you have more than you started out with at battle's end.

We definitely didn't have to, but the reason is because the main officers for a ruler usually have something to say after the ruler in question is defeated...but only if they've been captured, I believe. Scar is one of Junon's starting officers. I actually forgot about Scar auto defecting to you & dropping his story, so we'll see if he says anything else after we deal with Tristan. On top of that it was going to take about a week of game time to recruit our officers to full troop allotments anyway. Unless another event pops up, the plan is to deal with Ryskim and then head back up toward Tristan. It's possible we might be able to get both done in one game week, we'll see.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 29, 2018

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
I like how Gongos default equipment is a claw despite his sprite clearly using an axe.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Storm One posted:

I like how Gongos default equipment is a claw despite his sprite clearly using an axe.

Funny story: I tried to give him an axe after equipping another character with a different item...but Gongos can't use it. As a slight spoiler:

If I recall correctly we'll soonish find an item he can use that's better than his pitiful current weapon...something that's also relevant to the story.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 30 - New Friends and Old Enemies

We move to fight Ryskim with Vlad, but an old acquaintance of one of our other officers makes a sudden appearance.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vargal chumping that Zado guy with less than half the troops was pretty good.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
never doubt the power of special stand by.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Yeah I was pretty surprised we won that one, but the sit and wait was too strong. The fact that we had flying troops made a big difference as well since they couldn't be paralyzed by Zado's spell.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 31 - Tristan Take Two

We take another crack at defeating Tristan, but the fight ahead is difficult, indeed.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dang, your beastman squad has really been left behind level-wise (not including Gongos of course). But really, besides Katt is there much of a reason right now to keep them on the A-Team? They're mostly copies of Gongos anyway. Maybe Yuni since she seems to have more unique pre-battle dialogue (and Is The Best).

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Dang, your beastman squad has really been left behind level-wise (not including Gongos of course). But really, besides Katt is there much of a reason right now to keep them on the A-Team? They're mostly copies of Gongos anyway. Maybe Yuni since she seems to have more unique pre-battle dialogue (and Is The Best).

At this point no reason, really...other than for fun. At least as far as I know. We'll probably be setting up a new squad for Gongos to lead soonish. I'm probably not going to wait for people to recover and walk all the way down to Highland unless some other event pops up that requires Gongos's attention.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 32 - Smitten

Gongos invades Palemoon's capitol, but there's a minor complication.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I might be wrong, but I think there's one optional fight later that requires you to bring all 5 of your original generals to get an optional secret character, and that it's only available on the Gongos route.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was some very 90's dialogue... Don't suppose Yuni could overthrow Gongos and become the new Bozack leader? Heck, maybe Gunner should have won that first story-battle.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Eeepies posted:

I might be wrong, but I think there's one optional fight later that requires you to bring all 5 of your original generals to get an optional secret character, and that it's only available on the Gongos route.

Yeah I've seen some info about that. There's an event related to it, so if it pops up we'll definitely check it out.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

That was some very 90's dialogue... Don't suppose Yuni could overthrow Gongos and become the new Bozack leader? Heck, maybe Gunner should have won that first story-battle.

Those things can never happen because I have it on good authority that Gongos is a very popular man. Just not with elven queens, apparently.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
With Teiris out of the scene, Laine can claim her rightful place as queen at last. Maybe on the way to Palemoon castle she and her posse could a make a stop on Crystal and help with finding one of those damned crests :argh:

They should've programmed the crests to behave as awards for generals already in command of that troop type, those beast and cavalry ones you've picked would be more useful as an extra 10 troops than as a brand new class.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eeepies posted:

rojogames posted:

Yeah I've seen some info about that. There's an event related to it, so if it pops up we'll definitely check it out.

Dang now I kinda wish the 5 Beastmen had a super sentai gimmick.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Hmm, yeah maybe I will send Laine back to Palemoon. Teiris quit after all, so it only seems fair.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember to also bring Varshyll over there as her prince consort.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
brother just looking for a booty call.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 33 - A Chance for Peace

We attack Highland's final stronghold, but Wein has an alternative proposition.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wein, you little man. You're just so little. How even did you lose to Goldark from the other side of the continent?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
The funny thing is that Gongos has a 'diminutive appearance' according to the manual...you can even see it in the thumbnail I made from the opening cutscene. Although in that and the manual art he's got the posture of a geriatric. That's not really reflected in his battle sprite...I suppose maybe he straightens up when it's time to twist people into pretzels.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I hereby nominate that you give Yuni one of those Dragon Crests

Sordas Volantyr fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 14, 2019

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I hereby nominate that you give Yuni one of those Dragon Crests

Done and done. I wasn't going to because I didn't think we had enough spare awards, but we had a few more available than expected.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 34 - Final Maneuvers

We take aim at Fandaria's remaining territory and discover the fate of Highland.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 35 - Fandarian Showdown

We make our final push against Fandaria. Legendra WILL be united, once and for all!

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Unless there are some obscure conditions I never met, Scar fighting Scythe only amounts to different pre-battle text, there didn't seem to be any story events like in Vlad vs Ryskim or Zanon. Shaia and Uryll also have specific lines when facing Sycthe and/or Gaul. It also doesn't matter if Scar fights her now with her zombie troops or before her defecting when she still had mages, the dialogue is always the same.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Gongos is a man of his word, so if he promised Scar he'd let him take out Scythe then he'll do it. Unless he doesn't feel like it.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
I'm guessing the weeks are going to be awfully short until we deal with those two squatters so it probably won't be a big issue to move Scar over there...he might barely be able to make it in a week, we'll see.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Sort of related:

Does anyone know of a good Saturn emulator? Last I checked years ago there really wasn't one, I'd love to play some Saturn games without dragging everything out of storage.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Goons have said that forever but i've never had problems with ssf. i hear alot of people praising mednafen lately though, so you might want to try with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

EA Sports posted:

Goons have said that forever but i've never had problems with ssf. i hear alot of people praising mednafen lately though, so you might want to try with that.

cool, thanks. I'll play around with those when I get to work tomorrow