Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have tried ssf and almost gotten it to work compared to every other emulator in have tried, but it sounds just incomprehensibly awful and runs at half speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
One of the Retroarch cores worked well enough for me, I think it's the Beetle Saturn one.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
I used SSF a bit back in the day, but honestly don't remember how well it worked, and haven't kept up with it.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 36 - Gongos to the Rescue

We mobilize Scar for a showdown with Scythe, and the situation with Madruk escalates quickly. Prepare for most of the rest of the plot, probably.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
can't wait for marriage scenes at endgame.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 37 - From the Shadows

Gongos challenges and old acquaintance to a duel, and treachery is afoot as a member of the Bozack dream team faces extreme peril.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

EA Sports posted:

can't wait for marriage scenes at endgame.

With the Bad Magic Boy as the adopted son.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 38 - Gongos to the Rescue...Again!

Gongos goes to Katt's rescue, and receives aid from an unexpected ally.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Man those zombies ate poo poo. team jacob wins big tonight.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if this game does something similar to Seiken Densetsu 3, where you have 3 different malevolent forces trying to attain ultimate power, and depending on circumstances (in SD3 it's simply who's your main character) one of them ends up beating the others which changes the final leg of that game some. It would be cool if you had Ryskim, Zanon, and Gaul+Scythe each doing their own thing and depending on perhaps how you take events and which places to take over first a different faction manages to reach (or close in on) their goal and is the force you have to stop ultimately.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I wonder if this game does something similar to Seiken Densetsu 3, where you have 3 different malevolent forces trying to attain ultimate power, and depending on circumstances (in SD3 it's simply who's your main character) one of them ends up beating the others which changes the final leg of that game some. It would be cool if you had Ryskim, Zanon, and Gaul+Scythe each doing their own thing and depending on perhaps how you take events and which places to take over first a different faction manages to reach (or close in on) their goal and is the force you have to stop ultimately.

Sadly, I don't think this game is that complex, but we'll see.

Also that Seiken Densetsu 3 game sounds interesting. The only game I've played from the Mana series is the oddly named Final Fantasy Adventure on the Game Boy and the very beginning of Secret of Mana many years ago. I imagine I'll get around to at least playing SoM and possibly SD3 with an english translation one of these days.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 39 - Fightin' Lightan

We take the fight to Zanon, who proves to be quite a resilient foe.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Get Christie Love was a 1970s television drama about a black cop. I guess they wanted to make the Superfly reference and then ran with other 70s African American pop culture comments for Guldar.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

marshmallow creep posted:

Get Christie Love was a 1970s television drama about a black cop. I guess they wanted to make the Superfly reference and then ran with other 70s African American pop culture comments for Guldar.

Working Designs!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, Zanon ends up being a very anticlimactic villain. And of course he can't escape without his buddy Grudar (& co).

e: if Zanon keeps having no MP/troops you could just have Katt Reaper+Flame Cannon him with no risk, though I'm guessing you have better things for the Dream Team to do

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah I ended up looking that one up after recording. I've seen some similar shows / movies in the past, but not that one.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Wow, Zanon ends up being a very anticlimactic villain. And of course he can't escape without his buddy Grudar (& co).

e: if Zanon keeps having no MP/troops you could just have Katt Reaper+Flame Cannon him with no risk, though I'm guessing you have better things for the Dream Team to do

I think I may just let those nerds have their castle back for now. There's probably another event tied to being able to actually defeat them that hasn't been triggered yet.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
I think that's it, you're forced to leave for now and things sort of happen later. Finger crossed for the Magicka stuff to finally go down, that one always eluded me.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 40 - The Hero We Needed

When Zanon's disposition take a turn for the worse, a hero steps forth to challenge him.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Fun fact about the Zanon recruitment: Nobody knows why, but for some reason, sometimes when he joins your army he remains exactly as nigh-indestructable as he was when he was an enemy.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
gongos is the strongest their is!

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I haven't watched yet, but... you can recruit Zanon?!?! I haven't played in years but I thought he always died or something.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Ghostnuke posted:

I haven't watched yet, but... you can recruit Zanon?!?! I haven't played in years but I thought he always died or something.

Yep, but as far as I know the only kingdom that can do it is Bozack. I have no idea why. I certainly don't recall recruiting him in my playthroughs with other kingdoms.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

From what I've read, other kingdoms can recruit Zanon, but Bozack's version of the event is the only one that's 100% guaranteed to get him (for other kingdoms there's a good chance Zanon and Yuri bite it at the end instead), in exchange for Zanon not joining with the Eclisis like he does for the other kingdoms.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Sordas Volantyr posted:

From what I've read, other kingdoms can recruit Zanon, but Bozack's version of the event is the only one that's 100% guaranteed to get him (for other kingdoms there's a good chance Zanon and Yuri bite it at the end instead), in exchange for Zanon not joining with the Eclisis like he does for the other kingdoms.

Ah, OK. I guess I was just unlucky back in the day, or maybe I misremembered how things went.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Come to think of it, I have never tried using the 5 original generals to attack Zanon before for other kingdoms. Might be something to try the next time I replay this game, but to my knowledge, in other kingdoms, Zanon / Yuri normally bite in the end.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Bozack and Tradnor can get Zanon. No one else. Goldark can capture him, but he'll never join.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Yeah, so fun thing about Goldark: Everyone hates your guts, so just in general, basically nobody you capture will join you.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Eeepies posted:

Come to think of it, I have never tried using the 5 original generals to attack Zanon before for other kingdoms. Might be something to try the next time I replay this game, but to my knowledge, in other kingdoms, Zanon / Yuri normally bite in the end.

That's a good point...I don't think I used my full force of starting guys either in my previous playthroughs. Most of them usually get ditched for other leaders or cooler generals pretty quick.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That scene image there was both hilarious and a bit disturbing, but glad that Yuni is still The Beast.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 41 - Secret of the Forest Shrine

With Zanon dealt with, Gongos focuses his efforts on the Forest Shrine located deep in Bozack territory.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, that was a smart move by them. Since you have to only bring Gongos, Teiris and Bad Magic Boy you can't say bring Uryll, then use that one bind spell to lock down Scythe's massive magic pool.

e: of course, then her AI bugged out anyway?

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 16, 2019

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh, that was a smart move by them. Since you have to only bring Gongos, Teiris and Bad Magic Boy you can't say bring Uryll, then use that one bind spell to lock down Scythe's massive magic pool.

e: of course, then her AI bugged out anyway?

Perhaps...though honestly I don't think anyone could spend 55 MP over the course of 3 fights anyway, even if they used all 90 seconds, just due to ability recharge times / mp costs. I think it's sort of partly there to reinforce the idea that she's getting stronger.

The only one I can think of who might be able to come close to using that amount of magic is Shione...I think she's the one with the rapid fire flame cannons.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i'm starting to think that ghost thing was just an out of order in game hint to go to fiend tower.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 42 - It Came From Outer Space

As we move toward the remaining shrines, something sinister falls from the sky.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh. Now it's Dragon Force: Enemy Unknown then?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
I think the designers just needed to make things a little more anime. Oddly enough, the sequel has robot troops in it if I recall correctly. Not sure how or if they're at all related to Katmando, though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It also makes sense that now that you control the whole continent (world?) any major hostile force would come from outside.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I seriously thought it was going to be something like Chrono Trigger's Kingdom of Zeal, a giant floating island that just crashes into the continent.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Watching this, I am reminded a bit of Fire Emblem. Why did not alot of Japanese Strategy games come to North America before that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Supposed lack of interest.