Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You can download the NBC app and watch the new eps the day after they air. I'm pretty sure that works with their other shows as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It used to go up the next day on Hulu, but I’m guessing NBC stuff won’t be going up there anymore.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It should be for awhile still, contacts have to expire and they aren't launching peacock till next year.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

bitprophet posted:

What's the skinny for us Internet-only cord cutters? I only got into the show a few months ago and binged it on Amazon Video. It sounds like there's usually a year's (!) delay on it coming to streaming services? Is NBC still stuck in the stone age with "must have actual TV service to watch in any fashion"?
You can tune in over-the-air using an antenna! Unless you don’t live within range of an NBC station?

Alternatively, watch it on Hulu the next day. Or subscribe to NBC’s streaming service, Peacock, because of course NBC is going to follow CBS in making you pay for yet another streaming service.

All they’re really doing is ensuring that people start pirating, again. As long as one could catch up on their TV with one or maybe two streaming subs, there was little incentive to bother downloading shows. Good work, you greedy boobs :shuckyes:

pwn fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 21, 2019

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Aren't the episodes also going up on Netflix? That's how I watched the last 3 (UK resident)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

BioEnchanted posted:

Aren't the episodes also going up on Netflix? That's how I watched the last 3 (UK resident)

They go up on Netflix in the US as a full season a number of months after the season ends (S3 just went up recently), but again, I’m not sure where that stands with the Peacock announcement. Netflix US doesn’t do any of the other weekly releases of current shows like they do in the rest of the world, as far as I’m aware.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Vietnamwees posted:

You can download the NBC app and watch the new eps the day after they air. I'm pretty sure that works with their other shows as well.
Doesn't that require a TV sub login of some kind? Those apps usually do. The FAQ on NBC's site implies this as well.

Klungar posted:

It used to go up the next day on Hulu, but I’m guessing NBC stuff won’t be going up there anymore.

pwn posted:

Alternatively, watch it on Hulu the next day.
I always forget Hulu exists. Good to keep in mind, thanks - guess we'll see if it actually makes it there this season. Peacock doesn't appear slated to launch til April 2020, but that doesn't mean they aren't already aiming for it re: licensing agreements or lack thereof...

pwn posted:

You can tune in over-the-air using an antenna! Unless you don’t live within range of an NBC station?

All they’re really doing is ensuring that people start pirating, again. As long as one could catch up on their TV with one or maybe two streaming subs, there was little incentive to bother downloading shows. Good work, you greedy boobs :shuckyes:
I only watch a handful of contemporary shows but I may as well see what it takes to run an antenna in this modern age, just in case it's worth it. Otherwise, yea, I might just dust off the ol' :filez: :smith: it's so dumb that we've arrived at this place where that's preferable over spending, well, a cable subscription's worth (or more!) for a multitude of independent streaming subs.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

bitprophet posted:

Doesn't that require a TV sub login of some kind? Those apps usually do. The FAQ on NBC's site implies this as well.
I watched the Good Place on the NBC app without putting in any sort of subscription information.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Still going into Hulu the next day.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Gobbeldygook posted:

I watched the Good Place on the NBC app without putting in any sort of subscription information.
Huh! Be awesome if my assumption was unfounded - I'll look into this.

stratofarius posted:

Still going into Hulu the next day.
Regular $5/mo Hulu or the $50/mo Hulu+?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

The trailers for Schur’s new show Sunnyside don’t make it look good. :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVMds8ykuQ
So... The Good Place, but citizenship instead of being a good person?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

You've seem to of hit it right on the nose.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I trust Michael Schur at this point. I think if anything this will be humanizing towards immigrants.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

swickles posted:

I trust Michael Schur at this point. I think if anything this will be humanizing towards immigrants.

I don't know most of these actors, but I'm very certain there's no way Joel Kim Booster would be in it if it wasn't.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

bitprophet posted:

Regular $5/mo Hulu or the $50/mo Hulu+?

Regular. Most shows this season are next-day on Hulu.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

swickles posted:

That's the default assumption I'd think, but I just wonder how the chemistry is between the other prospective immigrants and not just with the person teaching them

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's interesting seeing as Kal Penn literally served the Obama White House.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

LividLiquid posted:

Exact same twist too except the reveal happened years ago

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I find Schur's work very uneven. I dropped Brooklyn 99 after the first season and Parks and Rec is about 50% split between bad and good seasons.
But I will give the new show a shot purely because of the Good Place.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Oasx posted:

I find Schur's work very uneven. I dropped Brooklyn 99 after the first season and Parks and Rec is about 50% split between bad and good seasons.

depends on what writers he can get

no Megan Amram = thank u, next

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Oasx posted:

idgi because 99 is excellent

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FistEnergy posted:

idgi because 99 is excellent

Same. B99 builds with its characters over the seasons, too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Parks and Rec had a drop like any show that goes more than 4 seasons does, but finished strong and is more good than bad. B99 is great and what I am trying to say is that you are human form of the 0 emoji.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

swickles posted:

Parks and Rec had a drop like any show that goes more than 4 seasons does, but finished strong and is more good than bad. B99 is great and what I am trying to say is that you are human form of the 0 emoji.

Ohhhh, an Amy...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yeah. Iirc you get until the day of the next episode.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

swickles posted:

I agree that Parks and Rec came back strong, but part of the reason the last season was so good was because it had been pretty bad for 1-2 seasons before that, and everybody was expecting more of the same.

I just have weird opinions when it comes to american comedies. I absolutely loved Glee when it first came on, but it started going downhill during the later parts of season 1. And that is how I feel about most of them, Better off Ted and the Good Place are the only two exceptions.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah. Iirc you get until the day of the next episode.

I'm guessing with the caveat of "If you are in the US", although I can try a VPN, hopefully it'll work.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm guessing with the caveat of "If you are in the US", although I can try a VPN, hopefully it'll work.

Check what local station has it. The Global app works the same way in Canada for instance.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dutch Netflix says it will add the new episode like a day after they air in the US.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
In Australia it airs on Netflix exclusively and they have new episodes within 24 hours of the US airing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It used to be the same in the UK so i'll check netflix.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oasx posted:

I absolutely loved Glee when it first came on, but it started going downhill during the later parts of season 1

Get your radical thoughts outta here

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BioEnchanted posted:

It used to be the same in the UK so i'll check netflix.

UK Netflix seems to post the new eps about 8am the next day, so they’re pretty speedy.

Oasx posted:

I just have weird opinions when it comes to american comedies. I absolutely loved Glee when it first came on, but it started going downhill during the later parts of season 1.

Oh no, I feel exactly the same way about Glee. It started out as this very subversive, fairly black comedy with all diegetic music (ie, everyone singing was actually singing as a performance or practice). Then in the back half of the season, characters started singing like they were in proper musicals, (ie, singing their hearts out in the hallways with no-one else noticing). Basically it turned into the thing it was parodying, and became much weaker for it. That’s when I checked out.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Oasx posted:

I agree that Parks and Rec came back strong, but part of the reason the last season was so good was because it had been pretty bad for 1-2 seasons before that, and everybody was expecting more of the same.

I just did a rewatch over the last couple weeks, and I dunno, I feel like it stayed pretty strong til the end. Seasons 5-6 were a little bit directionless once Leslie left the councilman seat, but they were still very much worth watching. (Although they did hit that awkward spot where half the cast is marrying the other half of the cast and they all had a baby together at basically the same time.) It was still a sweet, funny show till the end.

e: I also don't think that's a very uncommon opinion about Glee.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Not once in all of Glee did Mike O'Malley ever cut to Mo so what good is it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phenotype posted:

e: I also don't think that's a very uncommon opinion about Glee.

Really? I know a lot of people soured on Glee but at the time it seemed like the audience was all for making it a full on musical. I hated the bait-and-switch and thought I was in the minority. "We're totally reinventing the musical, j/k we really wanted to do a bog standard musical all along."

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Straight White Shark posted:

Really? I know a lot of people soured on Glee but at the time it seemed like the audience was all for making it a full on musical. I hated the bait-and-switch and thought I was in the minority. "We're totally reinventing the musical, j/k we really wanted to do a bog standard musical all along."
Glee's a Ryan Murphy show. It couldn't be its authentic self without spending a couple episodes mugging to the camera and saying "lol lmao isn't it so dumb when people do this lol wouldn't it be like so funny if like we did this lol nobody likes this tho hey haha lmao but like what if we tried it out lmbo what if we tried it oUT?"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Such a pity. Kamilah would be the UN Secretary General by now.

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1176535166216523778?s=19

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This needs Tahani's head placed on top of his body.
https://twitter.com/USA_Network/status/1176572754272743424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just realized that Chidi and Tahani had a very public breakdown and then almost immediately died, so.