Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

I do wonder if the good place is as debauched as the bad place. Once people get into the good place, the accountants stop tallying points, so living there is basically consequence free. Eternal life with everything you could want and no consequences? Yeah, that's going to end well...

Yeah this is an obvious angle the show is going to bring up. We've seen folks get better in the Bad Place so why can't Good Place earners end up turning into horrible people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The twist will be all the demons torturing humans are actually people from the good place who got bored.

That actually would be pretty great except demons don't seem to know enough about the system to have much of an idea how it works.

I mean we have no idea if Michael's "good place" was anywhere close to the real thing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I like that Jason is getting wiser with this new mission, although he's also getting more sober due to the hard choices. He made the choice that his father was beyond help and that they should concentrate on Pillboi. That can't have been easy for him. He's finally having to grow up.

At the same time, he did connect with his father and just MIGHT have saved him in some way.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Jamil proves she is amazing once again.

:nws: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqFl4ODFu7s/ :nws:

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 13, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'd more expect Shawn to claim no one gets to the good place to gently caress with them more than anything.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I'd like if the reason Sean is so desperate for the new souls is simply because Michael was right and the usual things are losing their magic for everyone. After billions of years of torture, they've lost the fear of it. Any phobias have long since been immersion therapied out after countless exposures to them and all the orifices and body parts are accounted for, so even the new tortures are greeted not with fear but with "Really? Butthole spiders? How are they different from the butthole Squid? Or the Butthole fireants?" Certainly the screams are real, they still have the actual pain that they are inflicting, but due to losing the fear of it it's lost it's fun. Like Michael's constant lying about his good place, their successes are just posturing.

This makes some sense. Let's also not forget that in his introduction Shawn was presented as a literally neutral character who would retreat if anyone became emotional around him.

The Soul Squad appears to have broken him as much as it's revealed the cracks in the system.

And the system can't be built maliciously. That wouldn't jive at all with the themes of the show.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

You realise that was part of the ruse, right?

I forgot he was only like that in season one.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Good Place isn't back until January I think

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The show does have the handicap of having to compete against American handball for viewers.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

I think a more likely, (and arguably better) direction for the show would be rather than having the bad place interfering with the system, reveal that the system itself has naturally become flawed - maybe as humanity expanded and society grew more complex it became harder and harder to get points vs lose points, such that fewer and fewer people were getting in until it eventually stopped. The system is broken because its expanded too far beyond the original scope.

That makes a lot more sense.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

It's not going to be that easy - Michael had a weakpoint, his curiosity towards humanity. Shawn doesn't have that. Michael's curiosity became a backdoor to empathy, but Shawn won't be that simple.

Yeah there's no way Shawn's being turned into a good person. He LOVES what he does too much.

Your Taint posted:

Guys my wife is wearing leggings as pants please advise.

Sorry, she's absolutely destined for the Bad Place now.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

He took notes on those ideas lmao

Sean is just perfect really.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
This is suddenly depressing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

Are we gonna have to wait till next season to find out who the other two are???

Looks like it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Guy A. Person posted:

I feel like the next reveal is going to be a twist and derail this whole memory wipe thing

It would be a little cheesy for them to go through the whole "Chidi doesn't remember anything" when that was a big part of his character arc this season.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

I watched the Good Place on the NBC app without putting in any sort of subscription information.

Yeah. Iirc you get until the day of the next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm guessing with the caveat of "If you are in the US", although I can try a VPN, hopefully it'll work.

Check what local station has it. The Global app works the same way in Canada for instance.