Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mameluke posted:

If only Janet's powers worked on Earth, she could turn all coins into rocks and get everybody into the Good Place by gaming the system

you know what happened in 1497

"June 13 – The Catholic Monarchs issue the ordinance of Medina del Campo, creating a money system based on the copper maravedí, creating the peso of 34 maravedis. In the next three centuries, this system will dominate international payments. It will be used in almost all parts of the Americas and large parts of Asia. It is the basis for a number of modern currencies, including the U.S. dollar."

everyone on earth has been tainted by the invention of modern money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
guys guys!

Mindy Saint Claire

:aaaaa:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FWIW We are the largest economy in Europe and yet I had to buy the 3rd season on itunes, because Netflix doesn't carry it here.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my hook was "it's written by Megan Amram!" because she's awesome :shobon:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
his reveal in season 1 is one of the highlights of the whole series imo, comparable to Team Relevant from Person of Interest

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

inthesto posted:

Michael gives them Alpha Centauri, Chidi spends several centuries mapping out everyone's quotes to decide who is the most moral faction.

reads the tech Ethical Calculus, understands implication, plays University anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Oasx posted:

I find Schur's work very uneven. I dropped Brooklyn 99 after the first season and Parks and Rec is about 50% split between bad and good seasons.
But I will give the new show a shot purely because of the Good Place.

depends on what writers he can get

no Megan Amram = thank u, next