Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Taear posted:

It really annoyed me that they said "England is leaving Europe".
loving Americans.

Scotland voted for Independence in this timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

Does his actor improv bits because I remember seeing one of the gag reels from S1 where he basically does the same scene over again (him guessing how he died) but with incredulously dumb things that are still very Florida. Or is it a case of the writers having multiple options and letting the actor do them all and then picking the best one in editing?

Because I think this is a case of that.

From the podcast, it seems it's mostly the latter, where the writers will have alt-lines available for different takes, but the actors do get some leeway to improv.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

qirex posted:

This is where Shur�s patented �three quarters shot with only the back of the other person�s head visible� gimmick is at its most powerful. Since I�ve watched B99, some of P&R and the Good Place in the last year it�s super obvious once you notice. Hell, sometimes it looks like the other person�s head is pasted in.

They do indeed digitally merge shots of actors from different takes in over the shoulder and even side by side shots, according to their digital effects guy.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Patrovsky posted:

Does the podcast need to be watched in conjunction with the episode it relates to?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "conjunction". The podcast definitely spoilers the whole plot of the episode, so I wouldn't listen to the podcast until you watch the corresponding episode.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Argue posted:

I think endgame will be something along the lines of "the real Good Place is the one we make for ourselves".

Have you been sneaking magnets again?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

flatluigi posted:

chidi is going to murder jeremy

Very subtle.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

silvergoose posted:

I...think so? I read it in high school. :v:

One of the available assignments for essays was "write a circle of hell" and I wrote it in the same style and it was super duper fun.

I had this same assignment in high school, and was one of the few writing assignments I had that I actually enjoyed writing as well, so much so that I asked if I could do my buddy's assignment for him as well just so I had an excuse to write another. I forget what sin I did for him, but mine was cannibalism, shoved into Gluttony, where souls were forced to painfully eat their own, putrid flesh, consuming themselves fully before being regrown, always hungering, but never satisfied. I've tried for years to find the file stored on old family computers, but to no avail.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

silvergoose posted:

gently caress, I also tried to find my essay and couldn't. I remember having a horrible time rhyming something with purple, for some reason? You didn't go to high school in MA, did you? :v:

Nah, Florida, but I'm glad to hear that this is a common assignment, since it had a big impact on my approach to reading/writing/humanities classes for the rest of high school into college.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

silvergoose posted:

I went into programming so it didn't, but the assignment sure stuck with me anyway!

Hey, so did I, so maybe there is something to it after all!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Holy poo poo Jadzia Dax was on Becker?

Becker is the entire reason Ezri Dax exists.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

What am I missing here?

The actress' name is Jameela Jamil. Her character's name is Tahani Al-Jamil. The name of the character's sister, who is a total spotlight hog and who people fawn over and ignore Tahani, is Kamilah Al-Jamil. Which of these is used in the chyron?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Watch "Russian Doll" if you need your Good Place fix.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

*pulls open one side of my trenchcoat* hey buddy, wanna read some theology

I’ll show you where you can nail your 9.5” Theses :wink:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Oasx posted:

I liked Russian Doll but I don't really see what the two have in common other than a superficial storyline about resets.

The characters are trapped in a purgatorial space where they learn what it means to be a good person is the rejection of selfish acts and motives and forming bonds with other people, i.e. what we owe to each other. Nadia being Eleanor and Alan being Chidi seem very straightforward parallels.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

So much for my hope that with his free time, Bortles would show up in The Good-ish Place to antagonize Jason.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Kaedric posted:

If anything wouldn't this make it more likely? Bortles betraying Jason by joining a different team would surely shatter him.

I just meant, if he wasn't actively playing in the NFL, he'd have plenty of time for a cameo/guest appearance.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

It used to go up the next day on Hulu, but I’m guessing NBC stuff won’t be going up there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Aren't the episodes also going up on Netflix? That's how I watched the last 3 (UK resident)

They go up on Netflix in the US as a full season a number of months after the season ends (S3 just went up recently), but again, I’m not sure where that stands with the Peacock announcement. Netflix US doesn’t do any of the other weekly releases of current shows like they do in the rest of the world, as far as I’m aware.