Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't think the Jacksonville jokes will ever get stale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BlueBayou posted:

The menu includes "The Paunch Burger"

I don't see Guy's Big Balls anywhere on here

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

High Warlord Zog posted:

I'm hoping they restore all the memories erased by the reboots at some point and we get to see versions of the characters grappling with having 1000's of years of after-life experience dumped on them all at once.

Episode 4: God Emperor of Jacksonville

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LividLiquid posted:

This show is always an exercise in writing yourself into a corner and then being a goddamn magician about getting yourself out of it, but this really feels like the final arc.

The logical end to this story as it's been told so far is that The Brainy Bunch does good for the rest of the season despite knowing they'll never get in the good place, a good place representative reading the manifesto, and them being let into the good place. Series over.

But they're going to impress me, as they always do, by doing something else.

See I'm expecting the next place it goes to be the world finds out about the manifesto and the brainy bunch accidentally dooms all of humanity to endless torture/breaks the entire system for everyone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Robot Hobo posted:

And it turns out that the Good Place also sucks.

"Welcome to the Good Place...welcome to Florida!"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I laughed a lot harder than I should have at Randy Savage Non-International Airport

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

No the system doesn't engage in future speculation. The entire sticking point is whether she gets the credit for those points or not.

I think this thread tends to go in circles on this issue because people have their pet theories about how things work but they don't always fit with what's actually presented on the show.

People are trying to reason out a thing that's not actually fleshed out and what little there is is intentionally illogical and nonsensical because that's the point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It turns out the universe is recursive and they landed in the bad good place and need to get to the good good place

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Space and time is distorted in Lordran the afterlife

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

\|

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Abisteen posted:

I really don’t care if this is a thing or not since this show is too good but is Mindy St Clair a plot hole now? Wasn’t her thing that she was the only person to ever have a completely neutral score? But now we see that every other person is in the negatives due to capitalism, so is Mindy St Clair actually the best person because she is the closest anyone has gotten in 500 years to being in positive numbers?

It was a really good coke idea

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah and I thought for sure there would be some analysis of Donkey Doug too. You know, get the best Doug and the worst Doug and measure all Dougs against them.

The First Doug

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zedd posted:

Jason's challenge is some kinda Finance/Tech Bro that uses big and expensive words and is actually a real piece of poo poo, and it's up to the simple-ish but well meaning Jason to deal with it.

Jason's challenge is Florida Man

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MikeJF posted:

Hell, tear away the whole idea thus is an afterlife. Why the gently caress should this be 'after' life? This should be the true human civilisation, a hundred billion people living in a post-scarcity infinite world with powers beyond comprehension where time bends and turns! This is the land for philosopher kings, creativity and art beyond measure! Our time on earth should be nothing but childhood, an embryonic phase before we ascend to join the real humanity!

STORM AND CONQUER HEAVEN AND BUILD OUR KINGDOM ON THE RUINS

Rip and tear!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

silvergoose posted:

Down with Janet becoming god tbh

She's already gone Rampant so might as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aerox posted:

Eleanor is War, Tahani is Death, Chidi is Famine, and Jason is Pestilence, and the four of them tampering with the system brings about the end of humanity.

Featuring special guests Michael Sheen and David Tennant

quote:

Doug Forcett will be one of the 2 remaining test subjects, and things will suddenly get extremely complicated when he recognizes Michael & Janet

I hope one of the two remaining subjects is Aristotle