Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Just saw the latest episode. I had not really been feeling this season but gently caress that was great :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

I think a more likely, (and arguably better) direction for the show would be rather than having the bad place interfering with the system, reveal that the system itself has naturally become flawed - maybe as humanity expanded and society grew more complex it became harder and harder to get points vs lose points, such that fewer and fewer people were getting in until it eventually stopped. The system is broken because its expanded too far beyond the original scope.

I could see something like this. Handing out rocks just doesn't cut it anymore. Technological progress means that people have more theoretical capacity to do good than ever before, but the world is too complex for anyone to efficiently use that capacity.

I kinda still feel it's going to be the bad place having a finger on the scale, though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

that take is the worst thing michael schur has ever done

That's tremendous praise for Michael Schur's body of work :)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

greententacle posted:

Did anyone else find that they kinda figured out the season 1 twist at the same time Elanor did? One of my sisters figured out early that "Tahani shouldn't be in the Good Place either" so I wondered if she would figure it out, but she didn't & came as a surprise (I also think she wasn't expecting a big twist, so that might have helped).

My reasoning was that Tahani had a legitimate claim to be in the Good Place, but there was no way that Tahani and Chidi belonged in the same highly exclusive heaven. If you score people based on utility Tahani is in and Chidi isn't, if you score people based on intent Chidi is but not Tahani. So I figured the Good Place was definitely not what it claimed to be.

I had been leaning more towards "purgatory" than hell, though, and I definitely didn't figure out that the main 4 were the only actual humans in the place--I just assumed everyone was in the same boat.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A Sometimes Food posted:

I haven't actually seen anything with her in it, so you could be right. I was just responding to someone mentioning rumours of her being hard to work with. Said rumours seem to often if not usually be poo poo rapists make up to cover their buddies or get back at actresses rebuffing them.

I've known multiple people who have seen her live tour and attested that she was rude as hell on stage, for whatever that's worth

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

the goons that have not.

a contradiction in terms, by definition all goons have wasted :10bux:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

(This is actually what I was thinking of but couldn’t remember the name or actual cartoon.

Also it worked better in my head when I got mixed up and thought War and Conquest were separate because Tahani would be a perfect Conquest.)

War and Conquest might be separate actually. The only canonically named horseman is Death, the titles of the other three vary depending on which parts of the narrative you focus on. Conquest, War, Famine, and Death is a very straightforward and traditional reading, although Conquest has largely been supplanted by Pestilence in modern interpretations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phenotype posted:

e: I also don't think that's a very uncommon opinion about Glee.

Really? I know a lot of people soured on Glee but at the time it seemed like the audience was all for making it a full on musical. I hated the bait-and-switch and thought I was in the minority. "We're totally reinventing the musical, j/k we really wanted to do a bog standard musical all along."