Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

If you want hours and hours more of MEJ, listen to all the back episodes of Sparks Nevada on (now ended) The Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

double nine posted:

On the topic of MEJ/The Thrilling Adventure Hour, this popped up in my podcatcher:

https://shows.pippa.io/thrilling-adventure-hour/tah-returns-a-word-from-acker-blacker

Yup, just heard that this morning while I was driving into work. Very happy about this.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Besides, not a waitress.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

double nine posted:

... I no longer care enough to find fictional justifications for the actors' age difference.

In an industry where 30 year olds play high schoolers, this is best.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

qirex posted:

The word pandemonium, while Milton coined it, has been in common use in English for centuries.

Quoted because I can't believe people in this thread are acting as if this isn't the case.

Google books shows it peaked in the 30s but has remained pretty much at the same level of use from the 60s to the present.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The last two season of The Venture Bros have been pretty serialized and had they not hosed counting, season 6 would have landed on one HELL of a cliffhanger.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The planned end of the season would have been the first two episodes of the Blue Morpho trilogy ending with the discovery of Jonas in the problem light. It was because they burned two episodes of their order with All This and Gargantua-2 that they were pushed to season 7.

That cliffhanger would have been maddening.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

That's because, up until recently, Netflix didn't have a production arm. Pretty much all Netflix original content is purchased from a production company for distribution rights just like any other show on any other network

Amazon started with their own production studio, content was made in house. It wasn't purchased for distribution only.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

With them running back to back, I just hope we end up having an episode of B99 ending with a Kevin scene and a Good Place episode opening with a Shawn scene.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Senor Tron posted:

For anyone needing a fix, D'Arcy Carden is part of a pretty good skit on Last Week Tonight this week.

"Not a homeowner."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It should be for awhile still, contacts have to expire and they aren't launching peacock till next year.