Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So I heard this show was pretty good and I started it last weekend.
I'm caught up now and holymoly, what a ride.

I love this show now, and the latest episode settled all my concerns for S3. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Wasn't the thing with Mindy more that she was a person obviously not fit for The Good Place, but her one act of legit goodness gained her enough points posthumously to offset her bad ones. The issue seemed to be more that she would likely have kept on living as a pretty trash person (as evidenced in when we see her) and that if she hadn't died so early she'd have erased all her credit back to Bad-Place level again?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

That isn't the issue at all. It's because she died on the way to do the good thing, someone else picked it up and carried it on for her. She had good intent & good action, but died before it could have been fully realised. The good result wouldn't have happened without her initial good action. Does she get the brownie points
Oh, then I always misunderstood that. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

IŽd watch a TGP Jacksonville spinoff.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

This just looks like more of the 4 humans teaching Michael to me :v: Hottest dance in Jacksonville.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

drat that was a fantastic episode.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean torturing Eleanor by applying a word filter to her, whilst making her aware nobody else used profanity is effective.
Architect era Michael could see "Nobody swears in TGP, and in case good people do slip up they get autocorrected" as a great way to twist that into a way of torturing his 4 subjects.

Short version : It's funny.

Propaganda Machine posted:

What is wrong with the Jahani mansion?
I think the first eps of S2 Jahani alluded to that, she wanted a giant house but deep down she knew it was more for showing off than because because she deserved it.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 8, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Nothin till January 10
Fork that shirt. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

howe_sam posted:

And because I only just noticed this, NBC moved the show back an hour.
This is the bad place.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Doltos posted:

I mean the show pretty much says the fake good place is a one off experiment from Michael and everything else is extreme torture.
Yeah, and Michael sold the pitch on making the torture more fun and less routine for the demons and increased torture coming out of for the humans was a nice bonus.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Exploitation and capitalism is sending everyone to hell, so the gang needs to go back to earth along with supernatural powers and usher in the immortal science.

S4 spoiler:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Holy poo poo this episode, how do they keep blowing up the status quo and get away with it. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

After especially this season I'm just done predicting the next plot directions, I'm along for the ride.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Jason's challenge is some kinda Finance/Tech Bro that uses big and expensive words and is actually a real piece of poo poo, and it's up to the simple-ish but well meaning Jason to deal with it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I knew Shur had a plan in mind, and if he is happy with 4 seasons I'm also happy. Better this than to stretch it out.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Seems a some corners of the net are mad about the show ending next season.
would I have liked 5 seasons for them to have slightly more time? Likely. Am I happy they know up from they have 1 season left and we always knew they had 4-5ish seasons planned out from the start? yup.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

superLINUS posted:

Someone in this thread pimped Superstore and it's great and I've nearly burned my way through it. So what else is good and irreverent and a bit weird?

Happy Endings, cancelled show from a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Dutch Netflix says it will add the new episode like a day after they air in the US.