Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It slightly bothers me that Chidi fell so hard into nihilism, because existentialism exists largely as an answer to that and as a philosophy professor of any stripe, he should have some familiarity with that.

But the chili was so funny that I'll give it a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

eke out posted:

i think it was last week on the podcast where MEJ said that he knew Nick Offerman was offered the Shawn part before him, which is really weird to imagine

Shawn would definitely have a different angle to him, but Nick Offerman could easily nail the flat affect. It wouldn't be nearly as odd as MEJ as Boyle.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
In spite of how many Australian podcasts I listen to, I still have trouble differentiating Australian and British accents. But somehow, I have no problem telling Australian apart from NZ.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Gaz-L posted:

Bee tee dubs, if people don't know, the owner of the Jaguars is starting a pro-wrestling promotion, if you didn't think Jacksoville could get any more perfect as Jason's home city.

How do I blackmail Mike Schur into getting Kenny Omega on this show

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Zedd posted:

Seems a some corners of the net are mad about the show ending next season.
would I have liked 5 seasons for them to have slightly more time? Likely. Am I happy they know up from they have 1 season left and we always knew they had 4-5ish seasons planned out from the start? yup.

Some people get mad that a thing they like ends, regardless of how good and/or satisfying the ending actually is.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AP Bio is almost a good show, but I feel like the writers can't quite decide what show it's supposed to be. It starts off with Always Sunny lunacy like you'd expect, and then it slowly gets more wholesome as it goes. It's confusing.

I'd personally recommend Kim's Convenience. The first episode has a weird energy to it, but it improves very quickly in the second episode. And Mr. Chin is the best character ever written.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Eej posted:

Unsure what you mean by weird energy but I assume it's because they have to establish the core characters as well as Toronto('s multiculturalism) in 21 minutes.

It's more that the cold open of the first episode almost has this corny "teach this old man about homophobia" vibe, and since it's the very first scene of the entire show, you don't quite know where it's going.

Once you've spent a bit more time with the show, it's much easier to interpret it as Appa just being a stubborn doof.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Ten dollars for a bowl of cereal?

This is the bad place.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Oasx posted:

It probably sounds silly, but I always half-assumed that these kinds of things were free. I mean it’s basically a big advertisement for the show.

Nerd conventions are full of overpriced everything, panels that should interest you but bore you after 2 minutes, and people who share your interests but annoy you after two sentences of conversation.

Nerd conventions are the real Bad Place.

(I'm a huge grump; I'm sure conventions are very fun for people who aren't me.)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

MaxieSatan posted:

Michael lets them have video games... But only turn-based strategy ones. Chidi becomes too indecisive to get past turn three and Jason gets frustrated every time he attacks too early and gets wiped out.

Michael gives them Alpha Centauri, Chidi spends several centuries mapping out everyone's quotes to decide who is the most moral faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

The_Doctor posted:

The trailers for Schur’s new show Sunnyside don’t make it look good. :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVMds8ykuQ

On the one hand, trailers for The Good Place made it look kind of boring too

On the other hand, Abby's really sucked