Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Patrovsky posted:

New theory is that Australia is the real Bad Place.
This is what Australians call an edible fruit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ZRM posted:

My favorite part is that she left Taylor Swift's number in there.

You have to keep your true friends.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I gotta give Trevor a compliment. Being so insufferable that he makes everyone else leave is a plan which really plays into his strengths. I actually thought he' play the long game by acting decent and earning their trust, but those demons tend to do the approach they find most fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
There really can't be selfless acts of good. Humans are developed as highly social herd animals. There's some biological instinct to help each other in our brains, since it has always been advantageous to keep the herd strong.
Besides, if you want to be, you can be really cynical about it: If someone states that they are doing good, just because it feels right to help, they're acting irrational just to make their brains produce a highly addicting cocktail of serotonin and adrenaline. So in essence being good is just a natural way of consuming mind altering drugs.

There is no good, only choices with varying outcomes.
That being said, giving money to charity is probably a bit more healthy than spending it on meth. But there haven't been any scientific studies about that exact choice, so who's to say?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 14, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Honestly, I was arguing in bad faith there. The idea that a good deed is just equivalent to jabbing a needle into your arm is just to depressing not to share.
It's certainly not my personal opinion.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

It's not really depressing, just kinda dumb.

Like I'm not sure how much of this is covered by "I was arguing in bad faith", but you described it as "getting more cynical", and that's not really cynical so much as reductive. Also, calling a normal function of a healthy brain "highly addictive"--I dunno who's opinion you're representing if not your own, but you should go back and tell them I said "what are you, Immortan Joe?"

It's a human insult, it's devastating.

Yes. Good point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

riverdale isn't good though

I agree, but it's really fun to watch.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe the system isn't exactly corrupt but simply outdated. The accountant didn't imply that any of the actions would ever become reevaluated.
Perhaps the first time some "ate a crop he didn't personally grow" he did it by stealing it from somebody else, who in turn starved to dead. So now that action automatically gives a ridiculous amount of negative points. On the other hand "buying produce" became a thing a bit later and is pretty much a normal mundane action which doesn't change the point total all that much.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't just assume that the demons would do such a vile thing as hacking.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe it's some really stupid feedback loop.
Earning less than a thousand points at the end of the day -2000 points.
Actually losing points at the end of the day. -20000 points.

If you think about it, there are points for every single action. So in theory, there should be some value of points for the act of earning points.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Florida is merely a parody of reality and TGP Florida its merely a parody of that. A parody of a parody if you will.

Well, America is a parody of itself for a while now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Upon rewatch, I realized that this is actually a comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Neophyte posted:

should have been
:colbert:

Don't kink shame!