Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

caligulamprey posted:

As someone who would definitely end up in The Bad Place, I cackled like an absolute idiot when Jason fell out of the safe with both whipped cream canisters and whipped cream chargers.

“He died doing what he loved - a ton of whip-its” and the fact that he brought a snorkel to breathe in the safe are probably my 2 favorite jokes of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’d guess “landfill fries” is a riff on the classic upstate garbage plate.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Klungar posted:

From the podcast, it seems it's mostly the latter, where the writers will have alt-lines available for different takes, but the actors do get some leeway to improv.

This is where Shur’s patented “three quarters shot with only the back of the other person’s head visible” gimmick is at its most powerful. Since I’ve watched B99, some of P&R and the Good Place in the last year it’s super obvious once you notice. Hell, sometimes it looks like the other person’s head is pasted in.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like the dumb impossible magic stuff they do so I hope the rest of the season isn't just on Earth but I'm glad they're willing to burn the whole thing down every few episodes.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The cans are clearly stagg chili

With some Hormel in red & yellow cans behind it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Whalley posted:

I have no idea how this season's going to end; I was expecting it to end with a reveal that they died and Michael and Janet are from the afterlife but we already been did that.
I'm leaning towards "someone who shouldn't see it finds the manifesto and earth becomes completely hosed," because destroying the earth would be totally in line for this show.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The word pandemonium, while Milton coined it, has been in common use in English for centuries.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’ve had one good Hawaiian pizza in my life, it had roast pork and Maui onion on it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I don't know how you could possibly come away from that last episode thinking Michael was right about simple Bad Place interference being responsible for all this. The whole point of the episode was to show that something is deeply, fundamentally wrong.

there's a bunch of ways it could go: the good place is actually horrible so the people there changed the numbers so everyone would be spared, the good place is amazing but they don't want any new people because being there made them selfish jerks, a wizard did it, etc.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm still of the opinion that the good place people are the ones who changed the point system, with the "best" of intentions, to exclude the vast majority of people. Michael is always so specific that it's the bad place meddling with the system [and everyone always says it's impossible].

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Senor Tron posted:

Do people have guesses for the end of the season? If it's anything like the last two finales things are gonna get shaken up a lot again.
I don't actually think this is the case but it would be pretty funny if they've never actually left the bad place and Michael is still torturing them. Maybe they'll do a fakeout.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Whiz Palace posted:

That would be bad. Please stop suggesting ideas that are bad when the show is, in fact, good.
This is a sitcom and that could be a very Schur-ey throwaway joke.

What I like about this show is the fact that they're willing to blow the whole premise up on a near-weekly basis. After 3 seasons I feel like the current story has picked up a bunch of complex lore baggage that they'll probably want to somehow dispose of or clean up at the end of the season, like how at the end of season 1 we find out we know nothing about the actual good place and at the end of season 2 everyone's alive again and we have no clue where they're going. I'd guess this business at IHOP with the judge will result in another kind of big change. Have the creators ever said this show has a planned end date?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ashpanash posted:

It's the interdimensional hole of pancakes, I imagine it's complicated.

I'm hoping for some heretofore unseen pancake configurations

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'd guess Shawn definitely cheated on the selection but that will, like most everything else on this show, have massive unintended consequences.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

What of Simone is the bitey demon [Glenn?] in a skin suit and they can give Chidi his memory back? He’s not but given this show I’m guessing it’s not a long slog of Eleanor being sad next season. I agree they didn’t do enough with Jason.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

OscarDiggs posted:

Will there be a Season 4?

It’s been renewed.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Actors and sports stars get paid millions of dollars because the people who own their networks or teams make much, much more.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

swickles posted:

I think is was Charles Barkley who once said to Shaq after he said he was rich: "No, you are wealthy. The guy who signs your paycheck is rich."

That's from a Chris Rock bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeOUty4SWvI

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Assuming they're not actually still in the bad place and the whole thing is another elaborate setup has the crew ever been more miserable? Elanor lost the love of her life but has to interact with him every day and possibly watch him fall in love with someone else. Tahani has someone around who constantly reminds her how awful she used to be and how toxic her old life was. Jason's been pushed to the side and is back as Jianyu [sp?] while his not-a-girl-girlfriend has to work with her superpowered ex with his classy martinis. Michael is paralyzed with fear. Chidi seems to default to self-torture.

They haven't directly referenced No Exit yet, have they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

silvergoose posted:

He died as he lived

That is probably my single favorite joke of the series to date.