Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Yes and YES.

I'm actually kind of surprised the narrative beat there wasn't Tahani accepting Eleanor's invitation because living with her would be the less materialistic option and she's trying to get back on track. But that might have just been wishful, gay thinking on my part.

I expected the reverse -- that as an act of charity she'd invite Eleanor out of the motel so that she could be "good" but still not actually give anything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just chiming in to say this show is absolutely revolutionary and should be the standard by which all future sitcoms are set.

Also Jesus Christ Chidi's abs.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This may have been discussed already but one of the biggest flaws of the system seems to be that given the maximum point total is all that matters, people who live shorter lives are vastly disadvantaged in that they have less time to earn points.

There’s literally zero chance for a baby or young child who dies early to get into the Good Place because they don’t have the time or ability to rack up enough points.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

riverdale isn't good though

How dare you

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Eleanor is War, Tahani is Death, Chidi is Famine, and Jason is Pestilence, and the four of them tampering with the system brings about the end of humanity.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 18, 2019

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
They went back and forth for five centuries because Chidi couldn’t decide and they finally just flipped a coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

swickles posted:

Nah, given the existence of Buridan's rear end, Chidi is a perfect choice for famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buridan%27s_ass

(This is actually what I was thinking of but couldn’t remember the name or actual cartoon.

Also it worked better in my head when I got mixed up and thought War and Conquest were separate because Tahani would be a perfect Conquest.)