Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hahaha Tahani is wearing cargo pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Manny is yoked, must be that Top Gun money paying off.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

Sydney is one of the most expensive places to live in the world. You'd struggle to find an apartment to rent for less than maybe 600 a week. My friend pays 900 for a very modest albeit inner city apartment. You could get a bunk in a backpackers hostel for -60 a night; but given the reference to a pull out couch, she's in a proper motel. The cheapest you'd get in a really lovely area is maybe a night

Sydney crew. I'm ordering Manoosh, you want in?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

I actually live in Brisbane; sorry. I just visit friends and relatives in Sydney every year or so. I can't do it more often - travelling to Sydney is detrimental to my health. When I drove down in May I put on 8kg in 2 and a half weeks.

Yeah pregnancy is everywhere down here.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weatherwax posted:

Because we are behind I'm watching Masterchef Australia almost every day at the moment, and I still thought most of the accents where ok while watching this episode.
I cannot wait for this season. This is the best show on television!

Accents vary immensely here, from door to door. There is no such thing as the average aussie accent anymore.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

Sure if you stretch the definition of pregnancy to include someone carrying around a couple of El Jannah chickens and worth of hotpot. (that was just by day 2 mind you).

You came all this way and didn't get baked and sit at Harry's snarfing down chilli fries all day like it was your job?

Always next time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

Not an optimal use of a Sydney trip. Brisbane is very highly saturated with American restaurants - they've been the number 1 fad for a number of years now and we have far more of them than Sydney. There are 7 American restaurants within walking distance of my house and all of them serve chilli fries. In general we also have just as good, or possibly better chinese food; with the exception of Hotpot which appears to be super common in Sydney but very rare in Brisbane.

What sets Sydney apart from the other capitals is the very substantial, and very highly concentrated Middle Eastern population in the western suburbs; therefore any trip to Sydney needs to focus on the consumption of Middle Eastern and Afghan food. There is very little Middle Eastern Cuisine in Brisbane. And of course Hotpot; since there isn't much of that here. Finally; Sydney has Cow and the Moon Gelato in Enmore, which won best Gelato in the world a few years back - The need to hit that daily dictates much of my other travel plans. I'm proud to report I consumed 21 scoops of gelato during my 2 weeks in Sydney itself.

Lahembajin is the finest thing on bread. I'll fight anyone who dares suggest otherwise.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Democratic Pirate posted:

Frenchify it: Seauxn?

Jean

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo anyone who says "American food" and can't spell "chili" is going to the bad place

More countries spell it with two i's and two l's. So you're outvoted.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the term comes from Spanish, so, no.

e: also do you really not know the difference between chili and chile lol

Yeah one's French and one's Spanish. You spell it the French way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Taika Waititi should be president of the world.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I would send The Rock so many drunk texts

https://genius.com/Cunninlynguists-drunk-dial-lyrics

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Ahhh stop overextending your elbows its weird

Marc Evan Jackson has got such a magnificent voice for everything

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
James Blunt has survived so far.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Florida man is no joke.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Oh man now I want Parker Posey on this show

And all shows and movies

"MOM SIMON WON'T LET ME DISINFECT THE GASH IN HIS HEAD!"

You mean like Lost in Space...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDgyoTspz34

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

swickles posted:

I always ask Alexa with please and a thank you and my wife thinks I'm weird. Shame when they overthrow us that I will be spared and she won't.

You get a fresh start with a robot wife.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davros1 posted:

So ... who do we petition to keep Janet in that waitress' uniform?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please do not make the thread creepy thank you

I too like attracitive women in denim skirts and plaid shirts..:hfive:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Canadian Lingerie

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder how many takes they had to do with Kristen Bell and that iguana before she just let it climb onto her head.

Having owned 2 green iguanas, about 4 takes.