Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
What's the skinny for us Internet-only cord cutters? I only got into the show a few months ago and binged it on Amazon Video. It sounds like there's usually a year's (!) delay on it coming to streaming services? Is NBC still stuck in the stone age with "must have actual TV service to watch in any fashion"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Vietnamwees posted:

You can download the NBC app and watch the new eps the day after they air. I'm pretty sure that works with their other shows as well.
Doesn't that require a TV sub login of some kind? Those apps usually do. The FAQ on NBC's site implies this as well.

Klungar posted:

It used to go up the next day on Hulu, but I’m guessing NBC stuff won’t be going up there anymore.

pwn posted:

Alternatively, watch it on Hulu the next day.
I always forget Hulu exists. Good to keep in mind, thanks - guess we'll see if it actually makes it there this season. Peacock doesn't appear slated to launch til April 2020, but that doesn't mean they aren't already aiming for it re: licensing agreements or lack thereof...

pwn posted:

You can tune in over-the-air using an antenna! Unless you don’t live within range of an NBC station?

All they’re really doing is ensuring that people start pirating, again. As long as one could catch up on their TV with one or maybe two streaming subs, there was little incentive to bother downloading shows. Good work, you greedy boobs :shuckyes:
I only watch a handful of contemporary shows but I may as well see what it takes to run an antenna in this modern age, just in case it's worth it. Otherwise, yea, I might just dust off the ol' :filez: :smith: it's so dumb that we've arrived at this place where that's preferable over spending, well, a cable subscription's worth (or more!) for a multitude of independent streaming subs.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Gobbeldygook posted:

I watched the Good Place on the NBC app without putting in any sort of subscription information.
Huh! Be awesome if my assumption was unfounded - I'll look into this.

stratofarius posted:

Still going into Hulu the next day.
Regular $5/mo Hulu or the $50/mo Hulu+?