Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god that was amazing. And gently caress yeah Adam Scott. Truly, we live in the Good TV Place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Patrovsky posted:

This show is amazing, but those Australian accents are all awful.

...that was the point

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Patrovsky posted:

New theory is that Australia is the real Bad Place.

Really, is that even a "theory"? :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

cptn_dr posted:

The monastery that Tahani went to was called "Bardo Monastery". Throwaway joke, or subtle foreshadowing?

Clearly it's a reference to Bardo Pond

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Your Taint posted:

Janet didn't seem very Janet-y.

She's evolving!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

That's honestly probably why that line's there. Either side can take it as proof that Eleanor's gotten better or is still trash.

Perhaps the point is that the answer will always be in the middle

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

I think that without most of the people in charge realizing it yet, this whole experiment with these four humans just keeps snowballing and has the potential to upend the entire way the afterlife functions. Sean is doing what he's doing, not out of official capacity, but because he personally can't stand that they got away, and now they're interfering on Earth in a way that (presumably) isn't allowed.

Very excited to see where this all goes.

I think a big clue in that direction was the line "we torture 30 billion humans, who cares about these four?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

Thinking on what level? That's exactly what I'm saying, for him it's personal and it's driving him to take drastic measures.

Apropos of nothing, I just finished the story mode of the game your avatar is from and OH MY GOD

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

Go do crime.

Let's get some sushi and NOT PAY!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The double joke is that The Edge actually does have a second number that Bono doesn't have. That was a deep cut.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would send The Rock so many drunk texts

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish I had The Edge's phone number just so I could text him every day "so how come you never loaned Negativland that $3000 you claimed you would?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jason is going to somehow release all the demons onto Earth and we'll get a season an episode about Michael and Shawn teaming up to fix it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Low Cal Calzone Zone

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Tahani is Eagleton personified

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man now I want Parker Posey on this show

And all shows and movies

"MOM SIMON WON'T LET ME DISINFECT THE GASH IN HIS HEAD!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

theblackw0lf posted:

What game is that?

The latest Professor Layton game. It has the most sequel hooky sequel hook I have ever seen in any form of media ever

Other than that it's kinda the worst game in the series puzzle and story wise, but still worth playing especially the phone version which is only like $15 and worth that much for the post game daily puzzles alone, of which there are 380

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Propaganda Machine posted:

I saw her in a really lovely movie called Hair Brained in which she is the most perfectly negligent mother Hollywood has ever known.

"Simon, I had sex with your mother about half an hour ago and I'm beginning to think it wasn't such a good idea. I think Faye might be jealous."

Henry Fool is the perfect film

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Your chair smells bad!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
1 year in 10 minutes lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh shirt

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Janet seems like Janet to me; if anything is off, it's that Michael seems to have leaned way too hard into being good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Good Place being empty seems too obvious, but I wouldn't be surprised if the show does that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Michael could just be repeating things he's been told about the Good Place though. It could all be a game of telephone basically

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The real Bad Place was the Good Place all along

In the Bad Place, sure you've got the old penis flattener, but in the Good Place, you've got the unlimited creativity of humans to torture each other

It's probably filled with passive aggressive bullshit

precision fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 13, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of the Milgrim Experiment there's a great movie on Netflix about that. Called The Experimenter. Got a lot of great cameos in it too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Maybe Simone is from outside the entire Good/Bad Place system

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay nerd

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Thinking about humanity logically will always be depressing, especially anything involving the increasingly tenuous idea of free will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Maybe the rules are made up and the points don't matter...?