Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Joe Thomas in the booth would rule.

His radio show from. The snippets I've heard is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

A big flaming stink posted:

yeah, he honestly reminds me of nightmares against ben where I feel like 3rd and 15+ was just making it more likely for him to convert it. He also was shaking off dudes like crazy, is he a particularly big guy though?

He's tall, and obviously not a d-lineman playing QB like Ben did, but Mahomes is much quicker and his arm is even stronger

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
....did the left-hand pass Mahomes threw go to Hill running the same route as when Hill tried to throw that pass last year against the Broncos but it got intercepted?

I feel like that's could stealthily be some savage shade throwing right there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
early Ben threw up a lot of 50/50 balls, we're only 5 games in to the Mahomes ride but he doesn't seem to have the same proclivity from what I've seen

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
https://twitter.com/jazayerli/status/1046965737036886018

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I had the game on in the background and saw a dude get totally nailed in the end zone, get up, and then lay back down. What happened, are they okay

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FAT BATMAN posted:

I had the game on in the background and saw a dude get totally nailed in the end zone, get up, and then lay back down. What happened, are they okay

Kelce toward the end of the game?

Got the wind knocked out of him probably, unless we find out he has cracked ribs tomorrow. He was also clearly exhausted at that point of the game, he wasn't moving like he usually does.

e: he came back in the game after missing a play at the least.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean, the Pats will still go to the Super Bowl every year until their boy kissing QB retires. No rational person thinks otherwise. As always, gently caress the Patriots.

The AFC is such loving trash. Such trash.

Seriously, please consider sending someone other than the Steelers/Patriots/Broncos to the Super Bowl. The rest of the nation would love it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

sponges posted:

Seriously, please consider sending someone other than the Steelers/Patriots/Broncos to the Super Bowl. The rest of the nation would love it

So would the rest of the AFC.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Mahomes also appears to have eyes in the back of his head the way he takes off when there's a angery monster man behind him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1046570539458981888?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/1046983640725540865

Time is a flat circle

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

in '07 the Patriots and Colts were 8-0 / 7-0 respectively. That's probably the latest?

There is also the well known case when it nearly happened in 1990, where the Giants and 49ers were both 10-0, but both lost the week before playing each other on MNF (Which turned into a brutal 7-3 slugfest SF won).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sponges posted:

i cant believe the elite teams go to the super bowl

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sponges posted:

Bad phrasing my friend. This leaves an opening for the occasional Baltimore appearance.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
it sure would be nice if you had the most efficient kicker over the last two seasons huh

too bad the Chargers never had that guy on their roster

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

JT Jag posted:

it sure would be nice if you had the most efficient kicker over the last two seasons huh

too bad the Chargers never had that guy on their roster

Yeah.

:(

nah
Mar 16, 2009

enjoying Mahomes for now until he becomes an all-time great and then iw ill hate him

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

nah posted:

enjoying Mahomes for now until he becomes an all-time great and then iw ill hate him

His voice... It's so... Disarming.

I don't know if I could hate a Muppet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hizawk posted:

His voice... It's so... Disarming.

I don't know if I could hate a Muppet.

You will, once the endorsements come. Imagine every commercial break instead of Aaron Rodgers doing whatever you end up with Mahomes singing with a bunch of muppets.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sponges posted:

The hope of course is the Chiefs, which means that Mahomes will tear his ACL the week before playing the Pats in the Divisional.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
I always hoped for a Chargers superbowl berth where 1/4 of the stadium would be filled with Rivers' extended family

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

sponges posted:

I looked it up and honestly it's just New England that is throwing off the numbers. If you go back to 1996 (23 years), you get 7 different teams from the AFC and 13 different teams from the NFC. New England has been 9 times in that span, and Pittsburgh/Denver have been 4 times each. No one in the NFC has been more than 3 times.

That said, I think you can grab a similar group of 23 Super Bowls and end up with the same numbers. There have always been 2-3 teams that have dominated for 10+ year stretches. New England is just an outlier amongst even them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“BEAT THE PATRIOTS AFC”

*loses to Patriots at a higher percentage of the time*

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The AFC is not trash, if you look at the top 5-7 teams in the NFL so far i think more are from the AFC

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The AFC is not trash, if you look at the top 5-7 teams in the NFL so far i think more are from the AFC

Literally doesn't matter if they all flop in January

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

yeah, I gotta be honest, I have no idea who the next 3-5 best teams are after the Rams and Chiefs so far.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kalli posted:

yeah, I gotta be honest, I have no idea who the next 3-5 best teams are after the Rams and Chiefs so far.
The Jaguars (note: only with Good Blake) are pretty easily #3 imo

with Bad Blake they're like #12

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Literally doesn't matter if they all flop in January

The Jags were just shocked to be there. :negative: It'll be different this year!

(it won't :ohdearsass:)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Outside of the Rams I'd say any team in the NFC could easily lose to the worst team in the AFC - the Bills.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

It's insane that Denver almost won that game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Kalli posted:

Maybe some mix of the Jags, Saints, Bears, Ravens, Patriots, Bengals, Vikings, Titans, Redskins

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the Titans are gonna win the super bowl

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

Kalli posted:

The Jaguars (note: only with Good Blake) are pretty easily #3 imo
I was going to say the Jaguars against not-the-Titans, but I think next Sunday playing the Chiefs in Arrowhead will be a good indicator.

The Titans are 3-1 and handed the Jaguars their only loss and also just beat the Super Bowl champs.

I think the Chargers are a threat, but eh, they're the Chargers.

The Dolphins are 3-1 but just got completely annihilated by the Pats.

The Ravens keep giving touches to bad RBs but they did just beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh (which the Jaguars did twice last year :smuggo: )

The Steelers just lost at home to the Ravens and their defense is pure rear end.

The Vikings got exposed by the Bills at home and then the Rams, so who knows.

The Packers still have Fat Mike and thus an anchor around Rodgers' neck.

The Eagles are a questionmark because apparently they dont have corners cover receivers?!?

The Saints, Panthers, and Falcons are going to eat each other before the season ends.

The Bears may be good but who the gently caress knows. They have Kalil Mack and Vic Fangio so I'd say they're good but they need to prove it.

So yeah, I'm lost.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Outside of the Rams, all the NFC teams i thought would be super good this year have major issues:

Saints - Defense seems to be an issue and Brees is looking a bit lethargic,

Vikings- Good god for a team built around Defense, their D sure is bad, also Cousins still isnt a franchise QB

Eagles - Secondary still sucks, water still wet, receivers outside of Jeffery have bad hands

Falcons - poo poo the bed on D every week

Packers - So long as they keep Mike around they wont get back to the SB

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

CyberPingu posted:

also Cousins still isnt a franchise QB

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
There an outside chance that the Redskins might be good, but I don't know if I trust a 33-year old Adrian Peterson and a 34-year old Alex Smith to go the full 16 games

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m interested in what’s going wrong for the Vikings defense. They are absolutely loaded with talented players, I forgot until last week that Sheldon Richardson plays there now. No real weakness anywhere and good players at every level, on paper you could say it’s the most complete defense in football

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m interested in what’s going wrong for the Vikings defense. They are absolutely loaded with talented players, I forgot until last week that Sheldon Richardson plays there now. No real weakness anywhere and good players at every level, on paper you could say it’s the most complete defense in football

Mike Zimmer is bad....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The current line of thinking is that Zimmer simply hasn't changed a thing scheme-wise from last year and teams spent the off-season dissecting how to attack the scheme and get better matchups.

• Locked thread