Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The 2024 London deal is already in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mastershakeman posted:

What happened to dalvin cook, is he dead again

Torn ACL has a firm 1 year recovery time and he tore it week 4 last season so they've taken it very cautiously with him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That game was the best one I've ever been to and probably will be for some time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

shirts and skins posted:

So by that logic, the Chargers have the best fanbase, as it contains no Americans, or people in general

I exist jerk

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

I exist jerk

Much to your own suffering

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The Rams do look unstoppable, but the season is too early to be crowning anyone.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Except the Jaguars arent going to move to London? What "article" did you read that said that? Shad Khan has invested hundreds of millions in Jacksonville and will not be moving the team.

That's been the rumour going round for a few years since Shahid Khan also owns Fulham FC and struck the deal for the Jags to play in London every year, don't think there's anything concrete.

Also no one here supports the Jaguars, UK fans already had their own teams and didn't have any intention of jumping on the Bort bandwagon. Personally I would probably support a London team as a second team but not if they moved an existing team, that's not really cool imo. Regardless it will never happen anyway because the logistics are insane and unworkable.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ouroboros posted:

Regardless it will never happen anyway because the logistics are insane and unworkable.

This is the NFL where 2 teams moved to the same city that has a long history of being completely unwilling to support teams.

They'll happily do something incredibly obviously stupid out of pure huberis.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Rams vs Jags with good Bort is a super bowl matchup for the ages

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Seriously, never put anything past the NFL just because it is a very dumb and bad idea. This is also the same organization that constantly steps on its own dick by reviving the kneeling controversy every few months without being prompted.

This isn't to say the Jags will move, I have no idea. Just that "it would be insane to move them" isn't going to stop the NFL from doing it.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
but what national anthem will they play in london?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shad Khan is also trying to buy Wembley Stadium for $800m and not move Fulham from Craven Cottage. Soooo... it might not be just an investment.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Shad Khan is also trying to buy Wembley Stadium for $800m and not move Fulham from Craven Cottage. Soooo... it might not be just an investment.

Lies. Owners don’t pay for stadiums.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ouroboros posted:

That's been the rumour going round for a few years since Shahid Khan also owns Fulham FC and struck the deal for the Jags to play in London every year, don't think there's anything concrete.

Also no one here supports the Jaguars, UK fans already had their own teams and didn't have any intention of jumping on the Bort bandwagon. Personally I would probably support a London team as a second team but not if they moved an existing team, that's not really cool imo. Regardless it will never happen anyway because the logistics are insane and unworkable.
I understand its been a rumour but Khan isnt dumb. He has spent several hundred million dollars in Jacksonville to upgrade the stadium and the team's facilities. He also looked at the value gained from playing in London - the team earns almost 25% of its revenue from the one game in London. If he owns the stadium he will get an even higher % of that, be able to put permanent accommodations for NFL play there, and permanent Jacksonville Jaguars related things.

Its also been the story for years that the Jags cant fill the stadium, yet even with the tarps off they havent been blacked out in years and are consistently in the upper half of attendance numbers. Despite that, I still constantly see "lol Jaguars home games lol" jokes everywhere.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Your point remains but Im pretty sure NFL blackout rules have been suspended for like 5 years now.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I turned the game off in favor of Miami/UNC and I am sad.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Except the Jaguars arent going to move to London? What "article" did you read that said that? Shad Khan has invested hundreds of millions in Jacksonville and will not be moving the team.

Literally any article about teams most likely to move. I could make a list of probably 20+ with one Google search.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slowpoke! posted:

Literally any article about teams most likely to move. I could make a list of probably 20+ with one Google search.
Thats my point, there is a lot of speculation. I was looking for you to say "This article in <respected news outlet> where Shahid Khan said he is moving the Jacksonville Jaguars to London", and you dont have that. There especially would be a lot of articles from right around when Khan bought the team speculating about that considering his connections to London, but it didnt happen and there are currently no indications that it will.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

OxySnake posted:

Everyone take Nov 19th off

Rams v Chiefs MNF

I'm wearing my Chiefs Marcus Peters jersey to the bar for that

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Even though he didn’t look objectively good, I had no idea Sam Shields was playing in the NFL and I was genuinely elated to see him break up that pass. I’m a defensive back homer and I only wear defensive back jerseys, I’ve been rocking the Shields for years and was so upset when he had all the concussion trouble. If his brain is ok ( :( ) I could see him remaking his name and staying a solid corner for years with his experience, guy was the fastest corner I’ve seen in a long while and he steadily improved in regards to his NFL knowledge. I hope to see him play for a long time coming, even if it isn’t with the Packers

e: like I fully expect him to lose multiple steps but I always thought he had the physical ability to age gracefully and let his studies fill in for age-related physical challenges

Big Jay Cutler fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 29, 2018

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Big Jay Cutler posted:

Even though he didn’t look objectively good, I had no idea Sam Shields was playing in the NFL and I was genuinely elated to see him break up that pass. I’m a defensive back homer and I only wear defensive back jerseys, I’ve been rocking the Shields for years and was so upset when he had all the concussion trouble. If his brain is ok ( :( ) I could see him remaking his name and staying a solid corner for years with his experience, guy was the fastest corner I’ve seen in a long while and he steadily improved in regards to his NFL knowledge. I hope to see him play for a long time coming, even if it isn’t with the Packers

e: like I fully expect him to lose multiple steps but I always thought he had the physical ability to age gracefully and let his studies fill in for age-related physical challenges

I hear you one of my favorite vikings players was Antoine Winfield and it's been cool to watch his son, who is basically the same player, play for the gophers. Except he's been out for the season with injury after week 4 for two seasons in a row now, both occurring against Maryland oddly enough.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Are the Vikings wasting Kirk Cousins' prime????

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kind of the opposite.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
gosh Cousins sure looked good against the decimated Rams secondary

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Yes the Rams secondary missing 1 player?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Rams D is trash though.

I don’t understand why but they are

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Rams D is trash though.

I don’t understand why but they are

Every defense except the Browns has looked bad so far this season, OP

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You aren’t wrong

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I mean, the Rams went 6 quarters without giving up a score in the first 2 weeks. I think their defensive "woes" have simply been that they've faced two very good offenses in the Chargers and Vikings, who can both put up a lot of points. They have a lot of talent and they're coached by Wade so I expect they'll have their poo poo together by the end of the year.

The Vikings, OTOH, have definitely regressed hard so far from where they were last season.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Durandal1707 posted:

I mean, the Rams went 6 quarters without giving up a score in the first 2 weeks. I think their defensive "woes" have simply been that they've faced two very good offenses in the Chargers and Vikings, who can both put up a lot of points. They have a lot of talent and they're coached by Wade so I expect they'll have their poo poo together by the end of the year.

The Vikings, OTOH, have definitely regressed hard so far from where they were last season.

The teams they crushed were the Raiders and Cards.

Both teams which struggled to put up points on a good day.

The Vikings got nearly shut out by the Bills.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Yes the Rams secondary missing 1 player?

you mean both their starting corners

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

indigi posted:

you mean both their starting corners

Peters was in dude

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Rams defense did actually show up in the second half. The line especially.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Peters was in dude

OK, he's good now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's also Thursday night shenanigans going on with that game, I don't think it means a hell of a lot as to whether the Rams defense is good or bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Jaguars Defense has only allowed three touchdowns through three weeks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vomit

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1046471757899730946

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Venom movie looks TERRIBLE

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Jaguars Defense has only allowed three touchdowns through three weeks.

True. Apologies for not thinking of the actual 2018 best defense to date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So ... print the shirts?

• Locked thread