Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, the Pats will still go to the Super Bowl every year until their boy kissing QB retires. No rational person thinks otherwise. As always, gently caress the Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Khalil Mack is going to impale brady onto one of those soldier Field sprinklers that stick out of the turf

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Grittybeard posted:

I have considered the possibility that if 'football' were just a game where people were put in odd positions and then someone threw the ball on the ground in weird ways to see what would happen after the fumble I might enjoy it just as much as I do now.

Fumbles are a cosmic force of justice. Every person who ever fumbled a football deserved to fumble the football.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

pasaluki posted:

Fumbles are a cosmic force of justice. Every person who ever fumbled a football deserved to fumble the football.

This is the Rasheed Wallace "ball don't lie" theory of football.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Substandard posted:

This is the Rasheed Wallace "ball don't lie" theory of football.

Well...spot the lie, because the ball don't.

Play posted:

I think they're still one of the weakest Patriot teams in recent memory, but their division is a goddamn laughinstock. I can't believe people actually thought the Patriots would lose a divisional game in Foxborough to the loving Dolphins

I should have put money on that one, it was the easiest bet you'll see all season.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

All teams are bad this year.

Except for the Rams, and the Chiefs. Here's to them both still being undefeated when they play each other in week 11

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Bob Morales posted:

Except for the Rams, and the Chiefs. Here's to them both still being undefeated when they play each other in week 11

:getin:

Have a pair of 9-0/10-0 teams ever gone head to head before?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bob Morales posted:

It'll be an interesting in the next 6 weeks with the pass rush talent coming.

Von Miller, Calias and Yannick, Atkins and Dunlap, Von Miller again, Myles Garrett and Ogunjobi.

If he doesn't get shook somewhere in there the Rams should be cake.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

:getin:

Have a pair of 9-0/10-0 teams ever gone head to head before?

in '07 the Patriots and Colts were 8-0 / 7-0 respectively. That's probably the latest?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ELO Musk posted:

The same was said of the Pats last season

the same has been said of the Pats every September since 2014. I mean, one of these years it's gotta be true, but nobody gets any credit for "calling it"

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kalli posted:

in '07 the Patriots and Colts were 8-0 / 7-0 respectively. That's probably the latest?
2015 Bengals/Cards.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bengals lost really badly and embarrassingly to the texans by the score of 1 to 0 before that game

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
PATRICK

MAHOMES

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1046963133099778050

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

LEFT loving HANDED ACROSS THE FIELD WHILE GETTING EATEN BY VON MILLER

are you KIDDING me

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

He's loving real

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
lol I can't believe after all that Mahomes actually finished with 304 yards passing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am very much a Mahomes lover

He makes me feel funny

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

lol I can't believe after all that Mahomes actually finished with 304 yards passing.

Statswise that went from abject disaster of a game--like almost as bad as you can do without throwing picks--to pretty good game really fast.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

That went from abject disaster of a game to pretty good game (statswise I mean) really fast.

Seriously. More yards on the last two drives than in the first seven is ridiculous.

Was it an adjustment, a sense of urgency, Denver making GBS threads the bed? The world may never know.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Strobe posted:

Seriously. More yards on the last two drives than in the first seven is ridiculous.

Was it an adjustment, a sense of urgency, Denver making GBS threads the bed? The world may never know.

Also Andy Reid.. not.. loving up the clock?????????????????????????????

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
When Mahomes can scramble and still throw the ball literally anywhere on the field full stride, l don’t understand how you defend against that.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1046960741016842240

Also the first 10 point 4th quarter comeback in Mile High in 14 years

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Mahomes looks like the start of the next generation of guys after Brady, Brees, and Rogers. Assuming he can stay healthy I think he's going to be "the guy" in KC for 10+ years.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
how does he have no interceptions though.

is he just getting lucky breaks and DBs are dropping them, or is andy reid flummoxing everyone into having no idea where he's gonna throw the ball?

jesus

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Substandard posted:

Mahomes looks like the start of the next generation of guys after Brady, Brees, and Rogers. Assuming he can stay healthy I think he's going to be "the guy" in KC for 10+ years.

While Mahomes looks great so does Goff, and so did Wentz. Part of this is the effectively juiced ball era of football we live in right now where the average (!) NFL passer is putting up Joe Montana's QB rating every week but there was always going to be at least one who would somehow transcend even those guys and it might be Mahomes. Only 5 games (!) of him playing so far though but goddamn.

e: shouldn't sleep on Mariotta either now with a decent coaching staff

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Substandard posted:

He's looking like it, but he's not the start. We were already saying that about Wentz last year, he is already there. Goff is there too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

A big flaming stink posted:

how does he have no interceptions though.

is he just getting lucky breaks and DBs are dropping them, or is andy reid flummoxing everyone into having no idea where he's gonna throw the ball?

jesus

There have been two that were close, both were deflected. And of course there have been a couple contested throws that the Chiefs receivers usually come up with.

I don't think he's had an obvious INT dropped yet that I can remember. No passes that I can think of that "should have been an INT". Some dumb throws, of course, but nothing like there but for the grace of god was an INT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

He's looking like it, but he's not the start. We were already saying that about Wentz last year, he is already there. Goff is there too.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
True, Goff and Wentz also look great. Watson looks like he could be really good as well.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DariusLikewise posted:

When Mahomes can scramble and still throw the ball literally anywhere on the field full stride, l don’t understand how you defend against that.

Just like pre-motorcycle crash Ben, you can't

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

adaz posted:

Also Andy Reid.. not.. loving up the clock?????????????????????????????

he's been pretty darn good with this the last two seasons tbh. it's just a persistent meme that will never die (with good cause, it took him 16 years to figure out)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How about Andy Reid going for it on 4th and 1 at his own 35 yard line in the 1st quarter down 3-0

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SHOAH NUFF posted:

How about Andy Reid going for it on 4th and 1 at his own 35 yard line in the 1st quarter down 3-0

I am in favor of going for all 4th and 1s.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

When you have that offense why the gently caress you ever punting. :black101:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Just like pre-motorcycle crash Ben, you can't

yeah, he honestly reminds me of nightmares against ben where I feel like 3rd and 15+ was just making it more likely for him to convert it. He also was shaking off dudes like crazy, is he a particularly big guy though?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Please pay Joe Thomas a billion dollars or whatever and put him in the booth in Wittens spot

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

When you have that offense why the gently caress you ever punting. :black101:

Also when you have that defense, a longer field probably just means more yards for the other team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It only took the nfl like a hundred years to realize that going for it on fourth and one improves your chances to win

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Play posted:

Please pay Joe Thomas a billion dollars or whatever and put him in the booth in Wittens spot

TIGHT END!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

yeah, he honestly reminds me of nightmares against ben where I feel like 3rd and 15+ was just making it more likely for him to convert it. He also was shaking off dudes like crazy, is he a particularly big guy though?

He's good sized and shifty, but no he's nothing like early Ben just hip throwing any 300 lb dude who got close to him. He's tackleable.

e: well the proclivity for bullshit conversions is kinda the same.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 2, 2018

• Locked thread